MT4 accounts with GBP Base Currency

eliotsagor

Can anyone advise me?

I am currently trading an EA on MT4 and am looking to increase my account by 10 fold.
The thing that is stopping me is the risk of transferring a lot of GBP into USD.

Does anyone know of a broker that will offer the MT4 platform with GBP as a base currency? I am currently with IBFX on a mini account with 400:1 leverage. I need the same thing but in GBP.

thanks,

Eliot

You might also try ThinkForex. They allow a variety of account currencies and also offer a free VPS server when depositing >$2000.00 or equivalent.

I am new to FOREX trading, very cautious and realising quickly just how much I don't know. I have been debating the pros and cons of having USD as my account currency, even though I'm in the UK, as my EA computes risk % assuming USD.

I'm concluding that adding the risk of long-term dollar-cable fluctuations to the trading risk is... well, a risk and as such, best avoided.

Good luck. ;)

Wow. I don't know any broker that doesn't have GBP as one of the base currencies.

l.jpg
in.jpg
c.jpg
mr.jpg
a.jpg
e.jpg
ms.jpg

I myself have been learning A LOT on Forex trading. It is odd thought if you are not allowed to deposit in the one of the major currencies - ont he other hand it could be a better idea to keep your deposit in USD as most of the trades go though USD anyway.