monthly fee is 300 usd indicator from chaos theory

CFDplayer

One guy is trying to sell his in-house designed indicator based on a black box and monthly fee is 300 usd.

can someone tell me how to value this kind of thing?

Btw,i turst the peoson not only because he is prof but also a good friend of mine.but now it is business.

Also ask for backtest and more importantly forward test results. Then you will see it probably has little value. If he is not prepared to do this...don't walk away...RUN as fast as possible.:)

Two things that I remember from lessons passed on to me by traders who were much more experienced.

1. No magic formulas or system exists. If it does then the market cannot exists as one single person or group would come to control it. A system that gives "net profits" or " profitable on average" should be highly suspect. At the end of the day it becomes a sort of a gamble.

2. Even if there was a system that is profitable on average, it would be such a shame if a trader does not take the opportunity to learn how to trade by himself. A trader should learn how the market behaves and pick trades accordingly. That would be the best way to go about it as he would be able to be profitable trading markets that constantly change.

also...never do business with friends. you get mixed interests. and I never understood why people SELL systems instead of sharing them. I mean if the system is successful why he should charge anyway when his magical system can bring in millions of $$..??

If it does work,let me know. Why doesnt your friend use it.If he does how rich is he and why is he selling it

One guy is trying to sell his in-house designed indicator based on a black box and monthly fee is 300 usd.

Btw,i turst the peoson not only because he is prof but also a good friend of mine.but now it is business.

if the person is a 'good friend' they won't mind telling you how it works right?

If so, great, you can evaluate it based on that. If, however, someone you think of as a friend is trying to sell you something on a black box basis then maybe they're not the good friend you tought they were.

What would you think, for example, if a good friend said they were selling their car, and, when you express an interest in buying it they want you to part with the cash without any knowledge of service history, mileage, MOT details etc, just saying 'it's a great runner, trust me'. How keen would you be to part with the cash?

If the seller gives you a free period then take it BUT also ask as many questions as you are able to clarify how it works and in what type of market (volatile, trending) as most indicators work best in their own environment. Understanding is VERY important.
Knowledge + Patience = Profits.
TEAMTRADER