month end flows

doobs

Regarding month end portfolio rebalancing flows.
If someone says they are expecting strong negative flows , then would this be bearish eur/usd or bearish the dollar?

Thanks

Regarding month end portfolio rebalancing flows.
If someone says they are expecting strong negative flows , then would this be bearish eur/usd or bearish the dollar?
you have to specify as Martinghoul said.

negative flow can refer to eur or usd.

you have to specify as Martinghoul said.

negative flow can refer to eur or usd.

Hi , it was something that was posted on forex live. Basically it said that 2 uk clearers weren't expecting much,but American bank was expecting negative flows and strong ones at that.

Still don't know if this is enough info - sorry.

I'm not trying to build a strategy around it, just thinking it might be something that I might need to be aware of. - Even if it's deciding not to trade on the last day of the month. Right I'm fekin rambling now.

cheers

might mean bearish eurusd.... might be appropriate for you to avoid month end if you find it too volatile for your liking... or you can simply switch to another currency pair to trade.

might mean bearish eurusd.... might be appropriate for you to avoid month end if you find it too volatile for your liking... or you can simply switch to another currency pair to trade.

OK cheers mate. Seems that the more I think I know, the less I actually do! Think I'll avoid it for now. :)

Last edited:
it's safe to say that we need to stay humble in any new business venture (like trading)..... or keep learning, stay hungry ;)

FringFX

jees mate ....do you sleep at all ?.........reminds me of pipaholics early posts !

hahaha NVP.. i sleep about 6-7 hours a day. sometimes more, but more often less
i post whenever i don't have a trade on, when I'm bored, orr when I can't sleep.

seriously I'm trying to catch up to your 9,000 posts.... i have a LONG way to go. LOL