MoneyTec

schoe said:
Thanks Dick Dastardly for starting a thread on Moneytec asking why there appears to be a problem with the site and with them banning people for no reason.

Please could you keep us updated as to any replies from the mods.

No, there hasn't been a response from a mod. They're not much cop are they.

I have just bumped the thread back to the top.

One guy there has suggested that you might have the same/similar IP address as someone else. But I don't think thats the problem.

I believe some ISP/Broadband providers use a shared IP address, so if someone else is on BT Broadband we would have the same IP address. But you all can't be on BT Broadband.

samuelhogg said:
I believe some ISP/Broadband providers use a shared IP address, so if someone else is on BT Broadband we would have the same IP address. But you all can't be on BT Broadband.

I'm on BT Broadband is everyone else who is having probs?

You are probably right I use BT broadband as well and havent been on the website for some months, just tried to go there and alas...Banned! wonder what I did!

It seems that I am banned as well. Here is their message:

vBulletin Message
Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

Their could be a problem with their site, if not they are just being stupid banning members at random, how can such a site be taken seriously again?

It seems like part of the problem may well be BT Broadband as I am also on it.

But why has this started happening now? I am sure many of us have been using BT broadband now for a number of years!

I suppose they must of installed some new security system which is stopping multiple hits from different computers with the same IP address.

Just a guess!

I would imagine that they have banned a member who uses a cached BT IP range. This is the problem we encounter when we look at banning certain invididuals - it is possible for us to do so, but so many of you would also fall under the IP Ban that we don't do it - looks like Moneytec couldn't care less, or are unaware of the consequences, although they use VB the same as we do, so they ought to be able to see who shares the IP.

rossored said:
I would imagine that they have banned a member who uses a cached BT IP range. This is the problem we encounter when we look at banning certain invididuals - it is possible for us to do so, but so many of you would also fall under the IP Ban that we don't do it - looks like Moneytec couldn't care less, or are unaware of the consequences, although they use VB the same as we do, so they ought to be able to see who shares the IP.

Not being a smart ass but i just registered (like 2 mins ago) on telewest BB connection if that sheds some light.

rossored said:

Thanks for that Rossored

It all makes sense now- this confirms what I have been thinking and why I can access it at work and not at home - also why others who are not on a cached BT IP address cannot access it without any problems.

Maybe someone who can access their site could relay this to them on the thread that's been set up for this particular problem. That's if they care tuppence!

posted by Soul-Trader2004 over on MT today

i dont think there is anything moneytec can do - i used to have bt broadband but ditched it as they have so many ports blocked - my guess is that it's a bt thing - they treat users a bit like a nanny would and decide whats good for you.

Is Soul Trader Joking or what! So it's all BT's fault now that the moneytec administrator has banned us.

What a load of rubbish. I suppose it is BT's fault as well why none of our email's have been answered too!

Soultrader thanks for that very unhelpful reply! I'm still banned and no reply from anybody at Moneytec maybe the Mods are taking an extended Caribbean Xmas holiday.

I'm going to log in from work and post to the thread you've stared Dick when I get chance which forum have you started it in?

Regards .

schoe said:
I'm going to log in from work and post to the thread you've stared Dick when I get chance which forum have you started it in?

Regards .

Troubleshooting Forum

Thread title = "Can't log in"

dd

Hi Schoe,i forgot i had an old dial up account,i got on to moneytec with that and left a message about our problem of cached bt ip and they got back to me and said they think the prolem is cured and i can tell you that i can now access through my bb connection.

jezek5 said:
Hi Schoe,i forgot i had an old dial up account,i got on to moneytec with that and left a message about our problem of cached bt ip and they got back to me and said they think the prolem is cured and i can tell you that i can now access through my bb connection.

Hi Zez, Yes I can access the site again now after two weeks! Many thanks for your help.

Regards Schoe.

Well done Guys!

Great team work .

Finally I can now access the site again after a week.