Money Supply

bob1408

It seems that most important factor for traders and investors to watch the state of money supply. After all inflation and deflation controlled with it via powerful central banks - they are mostly in private hands not governments.

So, the question is where we can obtain fast and reliable money supply information for major currencies (preferably on the web)?

Forget the spam... What exactly do you mean when you say that "central banks are in private hands"?

Forget the spam... What exactly do you mean when you say that "central banks are in private hands"?

For example US Federal reserve is not owned and operated by US Government. It's owned and operated as a private monopoly. Sure Government appoints 2 board members but out of how many... Many others operates under the name of independent central banks but in reality they are all owned and operated by few VERY rich bankers. Basically they decide when to have inflation or deflation using money supply which they have monopoly. It's called business cycle. This is a big subject and some may say controversial but it's a historical fact.

However, my question is about reliable and fast source of Money Supply information. I was wandering if anybody using such a online information resource and if they are willing to share.

For example US Federal reserve is not owned and operated by US Government. It's owned and operated as a private monopoly. Sure Government appoints 2 board members but out of how many... Many others operates under the name of independent central banks but in reality they are all owned and operated by few VERY rich bankers. Basically they decide when to have inflation or deflation using money supply which they have monopoly. It's called business cycle. This is a big subject and some may say controversial but it's a historical fact.
Haha, you're a funny guy... You really don't have a good idea of how things work, do you? However, I can't possibly be bovvered to try to refute silly conspiracy theories again.
However, my question is about reliable and fast source of Money Supply information. I was wandering if anybody using such a online information resource and if they are willing to share.
For what economy?

For the US, try here: http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/categories/24
For the Eurozone, try here: http://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/browse.do?node=2018810
For the UK, try here: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/mfsd...d=A&HideNums=-1&ExtraInfo=false&Travel=NIxSTx

Thanks for the links Martinghoul.

Well, if you think Federal Reserve is operated and controlled by US Government then all I can say investigate it yourself with an open mind.
I wasn't trying to make any political point as such. Understanding how the system works would give us (traders and investors) bit of help. That's all.

Thanks for the links Martinghoul.

Well, if you think Federal Reserve is operated and controlled by US Government then all I can say investigate it yourself with an open mind.
I wasn't trying to make any political point as such. Understanding how the system works would give us (traders and investors) bit of help. That's all.
Sure thing, we can just agree to disagree on this, if you like... Moreover, I didn't mean to be rude and dismissive.

My point is that I understand how the system works, as I interact with it daily. Therefore, when people claim the system is this or that, I want to see facts, rather than fiction. If you give me facts that you base your conclusions on, I am pretty sure I'd be able to address your concerns.