Mini Nasdaq eminis

rog1111

Established member
Hi all

Does anyone know a brokerage/trading platform that deals with MINI sized eminis ? OK, GCI is one example, but I'm not interested in them as there's human intervention on every order including stops !

For my strategy and account size, the $2 per point instead of $20 would allow me to use much better position sizing / risk management.

TIA
rog1111

IB used to offer this on the Dow but the liquidity was so poor with massive spreads that they dumped it and I would suspect that anyone else who offered this would have the same problem.

Paul

Last edited:
Why dont you try CMC/Deal4free?

2point spread on NDX.

No comissions and is tax free!

For your bet size fills will be instant..

The $2/point Nasdaq is a GCI creation, so you probably won't easily find it elsewhere. If you want Globex fills, just go to www.cme.com and do a Broker Search. By the way, GCI's Mini Share mini-mini nasdaq 100 market orders ARE auto-executed, but only in small size and not on Stops.

trader_bv said:
The $2/point Nasdaq is a GCI creation, so you probably won't easily find it elsewhere. If you want Globex fills, just go to www.cme.com and do a Broker Search. By the way, GCI's Mini Share mini-mini nasdaq 100 market orders ARE auto-executed, but only in small size and not on Stops.

Auto-executed minis ? Really ? Now that's interesting, especially as their prices seem to be a little behind the market....

I wonder what "small" size is ? 1,2...

The Belize bit still bothers me !

rog1111

donaldduke said:
Why dont you try CMC/Deal4free?

2point spread on NDX.

No comissions and is tax free!

For your bet size fills will be instant..

donaldduke

Thanks for that, but 2 pts is too high a spread for me though. I could live with 0.8. maybe 1.0

rog1111

Why dont you trade the QQQs on Arhipelago or Island,
100 shares lots should be about the size you need?

You can look at the futures chart but trade the QQQs i think
don miller used to do that..

$25K is a problem ! Point taken though, QQQ is probably close enough to NQ to trade off the futures chart. I'm not sure about likely slippage QQQ vs NQ, although both are very liquid. Isn't there a fairly recent restriction on how ISLD display QQQ prices ?

I'll check it out
rog1111

You often see wild spikes in index ETF's - erroneous orders or manipulation of crossed trades?? These trigger your stops (if you leave them in the market rather than using mental stops)