Mid-west Heartbreak

MaximusDollarus

Just had to state it publicly that the Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs fans (combined) have nothing on me! Sure, the Sox have won the World Series now, but even before that they were nothing but a bunch of whining drunkards. Being a Colts and Pacers fan has brought nothing but heartache and high blood pressure. This year has been hard for me and millions of others as the Colts lost in the Divisional playoff game to the freakin' Stealers. I'm just now beginning to speak and eat again.

I just had to get it out...I'm numb and not looking forward to next year when I'll have my heart broken again.

The Pacers are self-evident. It's mortifying trying to imagine the future without Reggie Miller, but a ray of hope did show itself recently as we were finally able to trick a team into taking Ron Ron (Artest). A man whom single-handedly ruined two consecutive years for the team is now the Sacramento King's problem. I'm easily dictated to by how well my teams do and pretty much my entire life has been a walking nightmare. I'm tired of saying, "...we'll get 'em next year...", but I am what I am, which is a fan(atic) of my teams! The Irish are looking like contenders and the Hoosiers aren't making me walk around with a brown paper bag over my head, eventhough Mike Davis is still the coach.

The two most influential aspects of my life have been following my sports teams and trading. Psychology may be something I should look into.

I certainly hope that the Seahawks beat the hell out of the Stealers.

Sorry about the rant...

I should also mention that I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan, which is embarrassing, but I'm true to my roots. Hockey was the best it has ever been LAST year when there were no games and time wasn't wasted with lame highlights (eventhough I call them "lowlights") on ESPN. Tennis is only fun to watch when Anna Kournikova is playing and golf is ONLY a sport to play, not watch. Women's sports is great (in theory), but shouldn't be televised nor replayed in excerpts on ESPN...unless there happens to be a catfight in one of the sporting contests. I know, I know...I'm a boorish pig with no soul...but being a sports fan of Indiana professional teams has made me bitter so I try to engross myself with my trading and try not to waste even a second of my life by watching highlights of Hockey, Golf, Bowling, Tennis, or women's sporting events...even if it is by accident.

hmmm, whats going on when everything grinds to a stop with sports in the US ? whats that all about... its just not cricket :)

Obviously, sports in America is big due to our competitive nature.
C'mon...it's the same all around the world! The only difference is that in the US there are three major sports (American Football, Basketball, and Baseball) instead of one dominant sport....Soccer. I enjoy soccer, but it's just above Hockey and Bowling. Ninety minutes of playing with a final score of 1 to nil isn't all that exciting...but when I lived in Munich I did catch the fever and started following FC Bayern Munchen. Sports are big everywhere...not just America.

yeah sports competitive, but they dont end up playing them? how ironic is that.... they should sack the lot of them for breach of contract, and get in some college players to offer fans schedule of "sporting" games for the season.

do the fans just think ohh well, No games this year again ? seems funny.. is it all about money which makes them down tools. and kick back on interest payments for ... well for as long as these things go on..

MaximusDollarus said:
Sure, the Sox have won the World Series now, but even before that they were nothing but a bunch of whining drunkards.
Maybe they're still just trying to get over being sold down the river by Frazee.

it's a shame

Sports have definately been ransacked by the birth of free-agency, but it's still hard to be an idle fan if you've followed a certain team or sport for an extended period of time. I guess it's like a bad crack addiction.
There is one big difference with American sports and fan relationship with European/South American sports....that being that we don't publicly assassinate our players for missing a goal or making a bad pass...instead, we just burn cities and turn over cars.
You gotta love the human race.