Metatrader EA live trading for 3 duck system?

mindset

Does anybody run the 3 duck system on meta trader using it as an automated expert advisor for live trading so you can sit back and let this strategy make profit for you?...

mindset,

you asked the same question I was thinking of asking....interested in any repsonses...

I doubt it could be implemented sucessfully as fully automated, I think the trader still needs to make the call on the entry (and exit) points and the decision to close to the trade if it's going badly. I appreciate these could be automated, but not sure how many profitable trades you would get this way.

If you are day trading do you really want to do it whilst you are away from the screen?

Probably the easiest solution i imagine would be to do the work manually, find your ideal entry points and then set alerts. If the price gets close you can then make the call then.

You don't have to take every single opportunity.

btw, do anyone know if this works on bonds and shares becuse it just says currency. :)

Mindset,

U're definitely right. No one in this world will sell the profitable working EA so far. All of the seller are scammers. To be safe, sit in front of your PC. Hit and run.

Mindset,

U're definitely right. No one in this world will sell the profitable working EA so far. All of the seller are scammers. To be safe, sit in front of your PC. Hit and run.

Well, im sure there are some EA that are profitable and working (maybe not 500pips per day, but still). The thing is those who have a EA that makes money dont sell it, that would be stupied. Thats why all the "5000pips a day" EA is scams. (n)

Well, im sure there are some EA that are profitable and working (maybe not 500pips per day, but still). The thing is those who have a EA that makes money dont sell it, that would be stupied. Thats why all the "5000pips a day" EA is scams. (n)

off-topic I know, but...

got an email from TrendSignal with the header "did you make 250 pips yesterday trading cable" (referring to Tues (June 17th)) !

Firstly, it implied there was something special about their system, when in fact cable just had a straight, no-nonsense, unambiguous drop after news, and a bit of a bounce.
Secondly, it implied given the same circumstances, nobody else could have got as much.

Absolutely HATE it when these people do these things.
Waiting with baited breath with a "only made 26 pips today" email from them.

(am I posting too much again?)

is there an automated system which follows the three ducks trading system? If their is not, I am sure we could put our heads together and create one!

As i know 3 ducks is "just" an indication of a potential setup and used as part of a system, isnt it?

I am thinking of integrating the 3 ducks into a trade system I developed, it could actually work well in some automated trade systems. If you already use systems based on good price action with good exit points then you are onto a winner. I have a free EA I downloaded that just made 5,000 pips this week, so for those that hate automated trading, you are truly missing out on safe consistent trading, the profits just get bigger during the market condtions we have now with bigger moves....

I am thinking of integrating the 3 ducks into a trade system I developed, it could actually work well in some automated trade systems. If you already use systems based on good price action with good exit points then you are onto a winner. I have a free EA I downloaded that just made 5,000 pips this week, so for those that hate automated trading, you are truly missing out on safe consistent trading, the profits just get bigger during the market condtions we have now with bigger moves....

Any chance you could let us have the link to the free one you downloaded. Or let me have it by a PM on here?

I have tried so many EAs that do not live up to the claims that I am almost giving up on the idea. One problem is that the scalping type get blocked by the FX brokers. I just know it must be possible to trade EAs successfully, but how to find the solution?
I trade a breakout system manually which is working a treat, and I would love to automate it. I use MT4 but haven't a clue about coding. I would like to find someone who would be up to doing that for me. But of course it would be best if I learnt to code myself!

Was those 5000 pips backward or forward testing? Was it a demo or a live account? :sneaky:

It was on (forward test) demo based on all winning trades on 6 pairs. Profits would have been less had we been having different market conditions but as we know the daily range is much more right now. I still have to do some more forward tests before I go live with it. Really most forex traders (retail) do not trade using professional systems or analysis based on price action which should be the foundation of a good system. Not to say I think AshFX is that though. Now such systems do exist that are freely available to use online to your own style whether intraday, swing or position trader.

If you search for AshFX you will find the EA that was made by Ronald Raygun. Once I start to see more consistent results I will think about going live with it. Daily time frame systems take so long to forward test though. If you work hard to develop your own trade system (one that is consistently profitable) you will succeed eventually, it may take you a few years but some day you will do it.

hi there, I used the backtest option in IG-Index platform to test 3 Ducks today. Instead of using the breakout rule from previous low/high, implemented a price/ma crossover rule if the 3 ducks are aligned. Tested it on all available pairs but got very mixed results. Will find a way to program the breakout from previous lows, then it can be backtested on at least IG data which is quite closely follows Alpari data.

The good thing about the built-in backtester, that you can setup end date as real time. This will run the test as long as your chart is open. That means, it is actually generate signals for you according to your settings. Almost an EA :)

Don't see why not?

btw, do anyone know if this works on bonds and shares becuse it just says currency. :)
3 ducks is an excellent trend indicator, trade with the trend and make money, forex, bonds, stocks, all the same - price is price - buy low, sell high or is it sell high, buy low these days :confused:

Reactions: BSD
3 ducks is an excellent trend indicator, trade with the trend and make money, forex, bonds, stocks, all the same - price is price - buy low, sell high or is it sell high, buy low these days :confused:

I use MT4 and trade the Alligator indicator with a lot of success trading GBPJPY. Like 1000 pips a week. The principle is exactly the same, but IMO it is superior to 3 Ducks and easier to read, not least because you only need the one chart open. As with 3 Ducks the entry is easy; the key to success is finding an exit strategy to suit the pair you are trading.

If you are going to trade using it, it would be a good idea to get the book Trading chaos - Second Edition by Bill Williams and daughter, in which it and other strategies are explained.

The good thing about the built-in backtester, that you can setup end date as real time. This will run the test as long as your chart is open. That means, it is actually generate signals for you according to your settings. Almost an EA :)

Must admit, the IG platform just seems to get better.
Sorry, but what is an EA?
Thank you,