metatrader backtesting

wasp

Legendary member
Anyone here know how to use it and can assist me in trying to make sense of it as I am getting fed up trying out new things and testing manually, trade by trade. Awfully time consuming so it is!

Cheers

Anyone here know how to use it and can assist me in trying to make sense of it as I am getting fed up trying out new things and testing manually, trade by trade. Awfully time consuming so it is!

Cheers

www.forex-tsd.com has all the resources for MT4

IMO manual backtesting is time consuming but the probably the best way. MT4 is well known for giving skewed backtest results.

A useful feature is the playback of a strategy which gives a rough idea of the reality of an automated system.

www.forex-tsd.com has all the resources for MT4

IMO manual backtesting is time consuming but the probably the best way. MT4 is well known for giving skewed backtest results.

A useful feature is the playback of a strategy which gives a rough idea of the reality of an automated system.

Cheers Rols, great looking resource, I shall have a good butchers.

I know there not the best for backtesting and I am using ninja too but its handy to give a rough outlook so as to decide on the better rules and reasoning before putting a lot of actual time into proper researching.