backtesting (tick data)

mikeyy

My system is in MLQ4 on metatrader and trades sweet crude oil futures.

It does well in forward testing in the month or so I have run it. It does reasonably well in backtesting in metatrader. But of course the metatrader backtester is extrememly limited.

I would like tick data for sweet crude oil futures for the past year or so. To run a proper decent backtest. Maybe this just isnt possible with metatrader. I would consider recoding in another language if required. I imagine that I may have to go commercial to achieve this aim - it probably wont be free. BUT i'm hoping that I could arrange a free trial period or something like that.

So, to the question - does anyone know of software/database that permits accurate (tick level) backtesting of strategies? thanks.xx

thanks 4 quick reply. i checked out their website. i cant figure out whether they only supply the tick data or if they also supply a programable backtesting engine to put your strategy in. if no engine supplied - have you got any recommends? Could I import the data into metatrader and backtest that way? Is metatrader only limited because of its lack of given data or is the actual backtesting engine not much cop?

Further to my last, got their demo data (which is for 3 months) but unfortunately is does NOT include sweet crude oil futures. In fact, the data in their demo is very limited.

mikeyy - give me the symbol and if it's available in my dataset, I'll send you a data file. Also, checkout my posting - search for "Profitable Neural Strategy".

Tango_25