Metastock with QCharts

pkfryer

I primarily wanted metastock pro with QCharts for testing out systems for day trading, but would like to use it to try out EOD systems on UK stocks. however QCharts doesn't do UK equities! Can I download historical UK data easily enough, or does it have to come through your data provider?

In other words, do you download historical data from the metastock database and does this have extensive UK historical data, including intraday tick by tick?

best thing is to subscribe to investor ease...monthly payments are approx 11 odd pounds....you can fill the data in as you need it...

alternative is sharescope...from which you can export the data into MS...

I prefer sharescope rather then investor ease..

I'm subscribed to advfn but Im going to be changing!!! There bl*stard site has consistently screwed up the end of day updates for all stock! Plus it will only let me download 5 symbols at a time for historic data!!

With metastock I was hoping there would be an automatic scan of the ENTIRE UK stock market so I can search for set ups and patterns instead of waiting for my basket of shares to do something useful!

I also wanted to back test systems and strategies over hundreds of stock at the same time, to see how robust it is and which stock seems to behave in a way that is more tradable for a particular system.

I'll check out those data feed provider zambuck.. thanks

Find Financial Express (www.finexprestel.com) quite reliable for UK data £35 + vat for end of day prices, £90 + vat for end of day OHLCV data. Would be grateful if anybody knows of a cheaper reliable service.

Trader7600 said:
Find Financial Express (www.finexprestel.com) quite reliable for UK data £35 + vat for end of day prices, £90 + vat for end of day OHLCV data. Would be grateful if anybody knows of a cheaper reliable service.

I used to use them but gave up because of the need to manage/update an additional bit of software in order to get prices into Metastock. Also history had to be bought separately. Moved to Sharescope which is more expensive but data can be exported easily and prices are adjusted for splits etc.
They were always helpful and data seemed O.K.