metastock query

Singhstyle

Hi all . New to Metastock and just wanted some assistance. I looked thru the manuals but need some help for a way to:

1) have chart with weekly data to show Weekly EMA and daily EMA
2) indicator to sift stocks to show only those stocks where the trend (e.g trend slope is rising or falling in opposite to each other ) is weekly> daily and/or weekly <daily - like Elder etc

Apologies is this sounds basic but just trying to take it one step at a time

Ta

Hi all . New to Metastock and just wanted some assistance. I looked thru the manuals but need some help for a way to:

1) have chart with weekly data to show Weekly EMA and daily EMA
2) indicator to sift stocks to show only those stocks where the trend (e.g trend slope is rising or falling in opposite to each other ) is weekly> daily and/or weekly <daily - like Elder etc

Apologies is this sounds basic but just trying to take it one step at a time

Ta

Hi Singhstyle, I know this isnt going to be that helpful, but back in the days when I was using MS, I had both of those, however I had to pay for that. especially the different time frames. Where i am now, it comes as standard, but not with MS.
Wabbit is the person you want to go to, he's one of the moderators of the MS forums; really knows his stuff

I see many similarities between metastock and amibroker but the latter is more popular AFAIK. Do you guys also agree?

I see many similarities between metastock and amibroker but the latter is more popular AFAIK. Do you guys also agree?

I would tend to agree, but amibroker you have to do everything yourself. Metastock at least gives you as many things canned as possible, more to leverage. Updata gives you all this, and different timeframes as well. I can have any indicator I like and on whatever time frame all on the same chart.
fantastic. Also you cant do P&F on either of them effectively.

I know this is an old post - but let me know how your getting on, I may be able to help.

You can adjust the length of the ema to reflect weekly on daily.

i.e if you want to show a weekly 12 EMA on a daily chart - plot it as 60EMA on daily (i.e 5days x12EMA).

I know this is an old post - but let me know how your getting on, I may be able to help.

You can adjust the length of the ema to reflect weekly on daily.

i.e if you want to show a weekly 12 EMA on a daily chart - plot it as 60EMA on daily (i.e 5days x12EMA).

Close Rex, I suppose it depends on how accurate you want your information.
I personally want correct information on my charts if I'm basing my trading decisions on something.
The difference between a daily 60 ema and that of a 12 weekly is attached. very subtle but this of course a very simple indicator

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    37.1 KB · Views: 237
Close Rex, I suppose it depends on how accurate you want your information.
I personally want correct information on my charts if I'm basing my trading decisions on something.
The difference between a daily 60 ema and that of a 12 weekly is attached. very subtle but this of course a very simple indicator

I agree there is a difference, but he's only using the EMA for direction, up or down

The Explorer function can be used on weekly time frame, (i.e identify up down) and then those results can be used in another exploration run on a daily timeframe