MetaStock as a Scanner?

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
There's a lot of negative stuff going on about MS 8 and even 9 (why didn't they correct the widely-known and widely moaned about System Tester bugs...?) so I may well veer away from MetaStock (again) and continue my search for the 'right' charting package, but I wondered...

MetaStock has an Explorer function which in RT mode could act as a scanner?

With so many traders using and looking for scanner facilities, has anyone effectively used MS Explorer for this purpose?

henry766

433 17
thats a good point bramble , could one use metastock pro explorer at certain intervals during the day to find patterns on intraday time frames , i for one would like to know answer to this!!!( currently use ts radarscreen)

gcb01

68 0
Not really a scanner

Tony

AS far as I can see, the explorer can be run at suitable intervals (manually). However, it won't sit in the background chugging away and alert you when an opportunity arises.

The way I work it is to use the explorer to produce a short-list which I then open charts for with my "Expert" attached which will then alert me when entry opportunities arise.

Regards

henry766

433 17
thanks gcb, i thought this is how you worked it , i know it's not a continually updating scanner like say radarscreen but metastock is good for fmls would be quite powerfull i feel!!( maybe)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock