Metastock 9 power pivot point

pkfryer

I only bought Metastock a week ago and have been playing around with the enhanced system tester. They have included a few PowerPivot systems to wet your appetite into buying the add on, and I dont think everything is above board with the test results.
i.e. I think they are cheating!

Every time I tested all the systems the "pp" systems came head and shoulders above the rest. Giving incredible results, with absolutely no security posting a loss. I was very impressed until I looked at the order details. The ordes are done by limits or at open. The buy or short order is considered the day before, and triggered on open... but then on the same day the sell or cover order is considered and executed AND it is given the best price of the day on all occassions for the limit order!

When I checked out the intraday charts for a selection of these orders it would have been absolutely impossible to have executed them, and I believe it wouldn't have given the signal to sell or cover until at the close of the day. When I also attached the expert to the chart for the same system it bared no resemblance to the trades plotted in the enhanced system tester! Infact, the realistic results would have been closer to the Most Adverse value.

I smell a rat! I think they have made the PowerPivots look incredible and fiddled the results just to make us want to buy it. Anyone want to check this out and see what you think? Do some thorough testing of the PowerPivot point examples and see what you think? And if anyone has the PowerPivot points plug in, what are your experiences of it?

I share your sentiments, I don't see how the plug-in can work in realtime. I've been searching for a while now to find somebody that has some practical experience of using the plugin.... but there doesn't seem to be anyone out there.

I have not used any 'plug in' as MS, the charts and explorations is all I need to trade...to my mind 'plug ins' conjure up image of 'frilly bits' normally seen on a prostitute...!!!...not needed for the job but useful to catch attention...!!

I have checked this regarding Pivots...if you read page 84 of Mastering Metastock, it very clearly states that this will only work on stocks in DOW 30...

While I agree that this is in a way a con...I am sure that hitting the Equis site with e mails, will make them understand that there is TA life OUTSIDE of US....

Make your voice heard.....do not fret and fume in silence...

I have also not loaded their latest CD as I do not want a proprietary system that deals with US data effectively while ignoring the rest of the world...I blame this squarely on Reuters who consistently ignore the needs of world outside US....particularly UK..

Are there any Reuters agent on this site....Please NOTE...

Shame...

After that message my wife happened to see it while peering over on my screen...

So I have some explaining to do...How do you know that they put these things on???...Is one of many questions raised...!!

zambuck said:
After that message my wife happened to see it while peering over on my screen...

So I have some explaining to do...How do you know that they put these things on???...Is one of many questions raised...!!
That will learn ya :LOL:

All the best...we will be in algarve soon for a well deserved break at villa...

power pivots usd/jpy

The power pivots add in in metastock will work in real time, but you should also do your homework. You need to calculate the pivots yourself before trusting the program, also use othe indicators such as momentum to give you a clue as to when the market will turn. as for myself I also use Andrews Pitchfork. Attached should be a 10 min chart with the usd/jpy

pkfryer said:
I only bought Metastock a week ago and have been playing around with the enhanced system tester. They have included a few PowerPivot systems to wet your appetite into buying the add on, and I dont think everything is above board with the test results.

Every time I tested all the systems the "pp" systems came head and shoulders above the rest. Giving incredible results, with absolutely no security posting a loss. I was very impressed until I looked at the order details. The ordes are done by limits or at open. The buy or short order is considered the day before, and triggered on open... but then on the same day the sell or cover order is considered and executed AND it is given the best price of the day on all occassions for the limit order!

When I checked out the intraday charts for a selection of these orders it would have been absolutely impossible to have executed them, and I believe it wouldn't have given the signal to sell or cover until at the close of the day. When I also attached the expert to the chart for the same system it bared no resemblance to the trades plotted in the enhanced system tester! Infact, the realistic results would have been closer to the Most Adverse value.

I smell a rat! I think they have made the PowerPivots look incredible and fiddled the results just to make us want to buy it. Anyone want to check this out and see what you think? Do some thorough testing of the PowerPivot point examples and see what you think? And if anyone has the PowerPivot points plug in, what are your experiences of it?

Attachments

• usdjpy.jpg
    usdjpy.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 2,398
power pivots usd/jpy

power pivots usd/jpy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The power pivots add in in metastock will work in real time, but you should also do your homework. You need to calculate the pivots yourself before trusting the program, also use othe indicators such as momentum to give you a clue as to when the market will turn. as for myself I also use Andrews Pitchfork. Attached should be a 10 min chart with the usd/jpy
power pivots usd/jpy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• usdjpy.jpg
    usdjpy.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 709
Power Pivot Nonsense

pkfryer said:

Pkfryer

I've come across ths to. With the system tester, using the pp pivot momentum system, for one stock I got 763 points profit from 4 trades over a 49 day period using 5 minute bars. Using the same stock, same periodicity but the "expert" adviser over the same period I got -150 points from 41 trades. This was using the same stop the system tester was set up for.

This sort of discrepancy renders these "expert" systems worthless.