Metastock 9 for $1 - what's the catch?

1kyle

metastock 9 for usd 1.00 -- what's the scam

What's the catch with the metastock 9 for 1 USD -- anybody tried it yet.

I never sign my name and email address unless I know EXACTLY what IU'm signing up for so I've declined the login screen -- but interested from anybody else whose tried it.

Possibly signing up for a datafeed and the software will not work with anything else. U don't give any site details so hard to say.

You don't get the full version.

You get a subscription only version. If you cease the data feed subscription the package stops working.

Essentially you have to log in to the data feed before Metastock will work.

A bit of a con really.

JonnyT

Warning...and precise one was posted on the web about that scenario but then at most people lost a dollar so not too bad...

proves that nothing really is free in world...there is always a catch...

I would guess that it is a good way to check it out and find out if you need it. Evaluate it for $1 and if you like it buy it

I have just signed up for Metastock 9 for a $ I already use MS 8 and thought this would be a good way to trial ver 9.
This is a email from John Slauson explaining the package and how it works.

Jeff

Q: Is this a scam?

A: No. But just like me, I realize you get bombarded with emails and pop-ups everyday that cause you to be a skeptic. However, this is for real. I worked at Equis (the developers of MetaStock) for 12 years. My current business, Adaptick, has partnered with Equis to offer this "low risk" way to try MetaStock. It's that simple. In fact Kevin Nelson, the sales manager at Equis, is a good friend of mine. Drop him a quick email at [email protected], if you'd like a reference.

Q: Is this the real-time "Pro" version or the end-of-day version of MetaStock?

A: It is the end-of-day version. Contact Kevin Nelson (sales manager at Equis) and he will give you a great deal on the Pro version if you mention "Adaptick". Email: [email protected]

Q: How can you sell it for $1.00?

A: The bottom line is that we're confident you'll absolutely love it and want to keep it if we can get it into your hands. The $1.00 gives you 30-days of unfettered access to MetaStock and Reuters DataLink Professional data service. After 30-days you are billed month-to-month at $59.00 per month. This is a special "low risk" way to try MetaStock with minimal up-front costs.

Q: What if I decide MetaStock is not for me?

A; Just call Equis International at 1-800-882-3040 (or 1-801-265-8886) and cancel. That's it. You don't even send anything back. The MetaStock CD-ROM, 68-page "Getting Started" manual, PowerStrike SR plug-in, and the 3 Online Training presentations are yours to keep.

Q: If I cancel, will MetaStock still work?

A: Since this is a subscription version of MetaStock, it "verifies" the status of your subscription each time you run the program. So, if you cancel, then MetaStock will not work.

Q: Is this the latest version of MetaStock?

A: Yes. It is version 9.0...the latest and greatest.

Here is the link to order: http://www.MetaStockfor1Buck.com

Best regards,

John Slauson
VP and Founder
Adaptick.com

Does that mean you ACTUALLY have to CALL to cancel----I would not be very pleased about being billed automatically for something without having signed an agreement FIRST.

I'm sure that as far as the UK is concerened if this practice is true then it's very near the legal mark --- UNLESS of course this is stated explicitly when you install the initial trial.

My Idea of a trial is NO CREDIT CARD or other info for 30 days or whatever -- then unless YOU want to keep the product it will stop working. The Onus shouldn't be on me to stop the "Free / 1 USD " trial.

While I love the product I hate these type of marketing tactics as some people won't remember / won't bother to cancel for a while after the 30 days ends -- hence some nice extra unearned income.

You can get version 9 (EOD) anyway for 106 GBP in the UK and if you use the free EOD from Yahoo with the MQ metastock loader obtainable from www.hquotes.com you can save a fortune on EOD data downloads --- this data is sufficiently accurate for EOD analysis if you are basically an EOD trader rather than Real Time / Intraday.

Yes you have to ring to cancel but thats no big deal.

You do get 68-page "Getting Started" manual, PowerStrike SR plug-in, and the 3 Online Training presentations for free. Also when you sign up they send you a link to download some further Indicators and
explorations so IMHO well worth $1 and a phone call.

I am very interested in the Powerstrike SR plug in I was very tempted to buy it as a standalone product a week or so ago for $149.

http://www.adaptick.com/powerstrike

I will not stick with the Reuters download I will cancel at the end of the month.

I agree with MX, it is well worth it for the experience, to try it out and for the manuals, plugins, presentations, indicators, just for one buck.

1kyle

Where can you get Metastock9(EOD) for £106? I have Metastock EOD but an earlier version and was told it would cost about£180 to upgrade it.
Thanks.

Jean

I have been to the Paritech web site and the upgrade for £99 is for version 8 to 9. My version is 7.02 and it was Paritech who quoted me £180 about three months ago.
Thanks anyway.

Jean

JeanM, it has details of the upgrade you need on http://www.q-data.co.uk

Does anybody know if the 'Metastock 9 EOD for $1' is upgradeable to Pro version along with upgrading the eSignal feed to realtime?

Samuel

...yes it is upgradable to pro for approx 790 pounds...ask Paritech UK

Jean M: To upgrade from 8 to 9 is $149 (£99) from 7.02 to 9 is $249.

Does anyone know where I can get intraday data for MS 9 on UK stocks?

Full_Trader, you go as Metastock_Pro on other sites with same bloody message...

If you are trying to sell something then sell it....

Don't litter the whole web for pidly one dollar software you are trying to get rid off...

It is fair!...No?