MET Traders

javster

Anyone out there,

Have you heard of this outfit in North London....

I tried to open there website to no joy so I need some info, what they are, where they came from, good training program etc..

All I know they came out of Kyte group...is this true???

cheers j :cool:

Neil Stokes said:
Did you ever get any replies about Met Traders?
Please forward them on, thanks

hi,

not really, no one replied to me about MET which is good; it pretty much sealed the reasons i needed when i decided not to interview them....

if no one can comment on them, whether good or bad, then I'd be in two minds.....there is a great diversity of people on this forum who have posted comments about other companies, but none on MET...

ask around, you may get more info, but its your decision, if you have an interview then go....i was lucky to have to turn down many!!!!

j

I was right in not bothering with the, the same happened to me (somewhat), i tried to get on their website and email them back, no such luck, so when they rang me (after sending a letter) i told them "sorry...."

I would recommend you try to get into a reputable company, or at least one with a website!!!!

j

No luck hey?

xtf said:
They don't have a website, the email they were going to send me mysteriously didn't get through to either of my email addresses, they offered me an interview even though I didn't bother to complete their maths test, the woman on the phone knew nothing about the job and their offices look as if they were set up last week. Looks like a big fat scam to me!

I gotta say I went to see them and met their top traders and was pretty impressed with their set up and have been asked bac for 2nd interview, hav u been asked bac 2?

javster said:
I was right in not bothering with the, the same happened to me (somewhat), i tried to get on their website and email them back, no such luck, so when they rang me (after sending a letter) i told them "sorry...."

I would recommend you try to get into a reputable company, or at least one with a website!!!!

j

who do u suggest J?

well done bob...

maybe they trying a new type of marketing techinique making you go the offices to see what they are really like....

there are so many good companies, depending what you want... if you want a large place, then go to mac... otherwise trading connections, zen, saxon, goldber haymer (something like), liquid capital...stay away from other ones who make you pay for your training...scam houses...

I never went to the interview, but best of luck with it...!

j

basil of met.....a legend!!

all you need to know about met is that one of their traders Basil is legendary for making deutsche abandon prop-trading the bund for a time....no lie! he used to high & low tick with 500 lots and somehow knew when he was near their stops and triggered them....you sometimes see him on cnbc.

yeh i met basil when i went for an interview. seemed like a pretty cool guy too. as for the firm in general i have to say i was impressed with their set-up. was asked back for a second interview but turned it down as they don't pay a basic salary and you have to pay a desk fee after your first nine (correct me if i'm wrong) months - though you do get to keep about 50% of your profits. being a raw grad i wasnt in a position to take a job with no base salary, otherwise i would have continued with my application. wouldnt write them off thats for sure, go check them out.

i know the management. they seem very savvy and the company seems to be expanding rapidly.

whats the salary like?

Hi does anyone know whether they offer a basic or is it just commission based?

How can they only pay for 6 months and then take commission??

Surely you are not fully trained/qualified to even trade anything after only 6 months if you have zero experience in the financial markets and trading???

I only say that as most raw grad training programmes last for around 18-24 months I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong!!??

does that mean after those 6 months, you have to pay desk fee's?
If so-SCREWIN