mentor required

Seems you are located in the Carribeans: I am looking to retire there. Are you hiring and training new traders by any chance?

No he's in Australia with all the other illegal forex managed accounts.

I was going to offer you mentoring for 7k. Since you don't want to pay, you are on your own.

Let's do a deal Joe - I will pay you 7k alright, but out of my trading profits when it reaches 8k from the start date of the mentoring. Deal?

hi matt, there are quite a few outright traders at sta who take on grads/new guys, you may want to check with the staff there. you need to show some initiative though ie have demo/paper traded for a while, and bring along a few ideas, & show you have done some research.

theres benefits in it for them, even if you are not trading high vol (ie if you want to swing trade). some of the arb traders may be interested in taking you on even if you want to trade different instruments/style to them, cos of these benefits.

First, you need to find someone that has made a lot of money trading and is sharing his own personal experience. Second, you need to give yourself time of around 2-3 years, being on the same chosen path, to finally enter the learning stage. From this point, if you build a dog house, or another Notre Dame De Paris, completely depend on you. So, with my own personal experience, I'd say it takes around 5 years to become a good trader. And all this is achievable without a payed mentor. But, if you find someone who can speed up the process for a few bucks a month, and the trader, his work, makes sense to you, perhaps even trading the same method, then why not, since we all are on the same one way mission to hell;-)

From what i gather you are more likely struggling with some psychological aspects but are not aware of them yet. It doesn't take long to grasp technicals analysis. In my experience if you are still unsure then the issues are more psychological than anything else.

From what i gather you are more likely struggling with some psychological aspects but are not aware of them yet. It doesn't take long to grasp technicals analysis. In my experience if you are still unsure then the issues are more psychological than anything else.

Really? Took me years. Time to put on my dunce hat

Really? Took me years. Time to put on my dunce hat

Did it take you longer to learn it or actually start applying it? Most traders learn something and find the first few times it doesn't work, so they go on a search for some kind of holy grail, they come back years later to more or less the same starting point, only a better understanding of how to use and apply that information.

How much more have you learned in terms of TA?

Did it take you longer to learn it or actually start applying it? Most traders learn something and find the first few times it doesn't work, so they go on a search for some kind of holy grail, they come back years later to more or less the same starting point, only a better understanding of how to use and apply that information.

How much more have you learned in terms of TA?

I stupidly tried to apply it from the beginning as soon as I thought I had something. But this something was really just a fairly ordinary entry, with no real method for exits.

It took me a long time to learn what needed to be learned from TA and what didn't. I'm still learning some things, and it's 5 years or so. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm still learning more in another 5 years.

Hard to answer how much more I have learned. Lets just say that as you go on, various things that aren't relevant get stripped away, and other things that are relevant become more understood.

Hi Shakone,

What I have learned from my own experiences and that of other traders is that getting to grips with it mentally is the hard part. There isn't that much to learn when it comes to technical analysis, but one will struggle to understand advanced TA without some structure in the mental environment.

There were some fantastic articles on the net about this but I don't have information on them any longer, but they really guided the mindset in a way that was different to anything else i had read before.