Market Schizophrenia

50 lot x 100 times = 5000 =/= 10000?

*Shrug*

yeah you have to buy and sell so 50 x 100 x 2 = 10,000

that's including layering as well.

there are a few traders around who do a ton more than that. there are a handful of traders who trade big volume on the ES and they know of each other.

Last edited:
which part do you think is impossible? :)

Just contract specs. As I'm sure you know, a tick is the smallest increment of price movement. An ES tick is a quarter point.

I'm not sure what trades in tenths - a tick in NQ is also 0.25 of a point, with YM 1 tick is the same as 1 point. I don't trade any others, but I'm not aware of any major indices that would allow the kind of big volume necessary where a tick is a tenth of a point.

EDIT:

Sorry, just noticed you put 'average'. Do you mean that's his average net return?

Just contract specs. As I'm sure you know, a tick is the smallest increment of price movement. An ES tick is a quarter point.

I'm not sure what trades in tenths - a tick in NQ is also 0.25 of a point, with YM 1 tick is the same as 1 point. I don't trade any others, but I'm not aware of any major indices that would allow the kind of big volume necessary where a tick is a tenth of a point.

EDIT:

Sorry, just noticed you put 'average'. Do you mean that's his average net return?

yeah average. so his round turn cost is 40 something cents and he makes an average of 0.1 tick per contract = $1.25. this is what makes $3 commission hilarious.

T I know a guy who trades 10,000 daily volume on the ES, he trades a 50 lot 100 times a day. These guys have super low commission like sub 50c per round turn which makes it viable to scalp for 1 tick. He makes 0.1 of a tick per trade average, that works out like $12,500 per day but he is employed and doesn't see much of that. You simply cannot trade like he does with a retail commission of $3 per RT.

are you sure he trades the ES ?
sounds more like the full SP contract ? That's traded in tenths .....