Market Profile

ubi

Anyone know any good, cheap sites for Market Profile on UK and US (futures) markets ?

Last edited:
Profile Info

The Market Profile books were authored by Jim Dalton, Kevin Koy & Pete Steidlemeyer. Do a google search with those lastnames & the word "profile" together. There are many articles with additional links and profile examples. Check it out.

Thanks. But what I meant was, are there any good sites offering this service? i.e. charting/technical site offering real-time price updates on several markets.

The right profile?

Go to (Chicago Board of Trade) cbot.com>>>>>click "Education">>>>>>>>>>>>Click "Market Profile">>>>>>click "Providers". You can rummage through those.

By an amazing coincidence (and I'm a real keen student of MP) I've been advised that the 3 day (H-L)/2 serves as a remarkably robust approximation to the current value point.

I'd appreciate feedback on others' experience in this.

Feedback?

Hmmmm............the midpoint of the prior 3 days' range can sometimes be the current value point??..............maybe in a sideways market but certainly not in a trending market. I always found it better to look at each day's profile separately in order to get a clearer idea of where support & resistance may occur.

Futurenets

ubi said:
Anyone know any good, cheap sites for Market Profile on UK and US (futures) markets ?

If you have eSignal as your datafeed, you can put a realtime market profile tool on your charts for free. There is a download available from http://www.futurenets.co.uk/.

The add-in plots the histogram on your price chart, with the value area picked out in a different colour from the tails. It can be set to retain the histograms for a variable number of prior days, so that you can see where current action is in relation to the value area of the previous day, etc. The value line is recalculated at intervals during the day.

I have found that to have the price history and the price distribution plotted on the price chart is a much clearer picture of price evolution than the classical MP graphic with alphabetical time periods. Not paying for it is better too.

Last edited: