Market-maker seminar?

CityTrader

Established member
o.k I'm just CONSIDERING this, but having been a market maker in the City for last 17 years, ( and a trader in Commodities and F/X before that) teaching some sort of one on one course/tuition to individuals who want to know the way market-makers work,price stocks on SEAQ, the mechanisms of SETS ( auctions, WPA's client flow, IOI's etc, etc)
Now as I said only an initial thought, and there may not in reality be enough to make it interesting/worthwhile, but as some of you may know from some of my previous posts, I don't use any form of TA so that will have to be left to others ( Mr Chartman) .. actually maybe I should just offer myself as an add on to Richards Tuition?

Let Me Know..

Wayno

That would be a great idea. however i believe that market makers just keep your orders if they are smaller than £?, and they hedge the rest. and they also know very well that 95% of people lose.

rgds
Genti

Wayno,

Did you mean Mr Charts not Mr Chartman ? Others have confused Mr Charts with Chartman in the past.

Paul

Paul I think your right- sorry about that.
genti- some do, some don't. Some firms wil NOT run positions - others leave it totally at the discretion of the individual market makers. Some firms deal through the RSP ( retail service provider) network - and they are the market makers who will normally move a price dramatically to try and choke off demand.
Most market makers really aren;t too concerned with retail business. it's the semi pro spread betting and instituional trades that are the short term p&l movers....

Wayno

I would love seminars in market making. I live in the US, but I'd fly over to the UK just to learn

Paul I think your right- sorry about that.
genti- some do, some don't. Some firms wil NOT run positions - others leave it totally at the discretion of the individual market makers. Some firms deal through the RSP ( retail service provider) network - and they are the market makers who will normally move a price dramatically to try and choke off demand.
Most market makers really aren;t too concerned with retail business. it's the semi pro spread betting and instituional trades that are the short term p&l movers....

Wayno

I would love seminars in market making. I live in the US, but I'd fly over to the UK just to learn

Thank you, but I'm not sure 2 replies in 7 years justifies a career as a one on one coach...

Good luck.

CT

If it's not too much trouble, could you point me in the direction for further study on market making? Maybe other mentors, books, programs?
Thanks