Market is ready to correct (weekly charts)

Kurrency

In the UUP weekly chart there seems to be a Descending Triangle Pattern in the works which is a bearish formation. That being said this is the weekly chart so I don’t expect UUP to break below $22 range for months and years to come. Short Term UUP has resistance at the 50 week moving average (23.43) and if it is able to break through it has a better chance for a swing to the expected 25 area.
uup-weekly-jan-11.png

As with the UUP short term view, $USD also is stuck just below its 50 week moving average of 80.42 and a break and hold (of the weekly) over that resistance would put the dollar index on a better position of heading back to the top of the pattern which is around 88 area.
usd-weekly-jan11.png

If we break out of the resistance zone more rapidly then I call a market top late January-February 2011. It could come at the current highs or the market could make one last push for $1300 (since the moves aren’t 100% mirrors of each other). My conservative guess if I was forced to make one would be a correction to 1030-1075 area. That’s around 16-19% correction from the current highs.

There's another chart and a lot more info at my blog. I'm not trying to promote but it benefits me to have just a few secrets for those that have made it this far down the post.

Source: The Freak’ing Market Nears The Top ($SPX, $SPY, $USD, $UUP)

Thanks and I'd love any comments or if we can start a discussion that would be good too.

K-urrency the InvestingFreak

In the UUP weekly chart there seems to be a Descending Triangle Pattern in the works which is a bearish formation. That being said this is the weekly chart so I don’t expect UUP to break below $22 range for months and years to come. Short Term UUP has resistance at the 50 week moving average (23.43) and if it is able to break through it has a better chance for a swing to the expected 25 area.
uup-weekly-jan-11.png

As with the UUP short term view, $USD also is stuck just below its 50 week moving average of 80.42 and a break and hold (of the weekly) over that resistance would put the dollar index on a better position of heading back to the top of the pattern which is around 88 area.
usd-weekly-jan11.png

If we break out of the resistance zone more rapidly then I call a market top late January-February 2011. It could come at the current highs or the market could make one last push for $1300 (since the moves aren’t 100% mirrors of each other). My conservative guess if I was forced to make one would be a correction to 1030-1075 area. That’s around 16-19% correction from the current highs.

There's another chart and a lot more info at my blog. I'm not trying to promote but it benefits me to have just a few secrets for those that have made it this far down the post.

Source: The Freak’ing Market Nears The Top ($SPX, $SPY, $USD, $UUP)

Thanks and I'd love any comments or if we can start a discussion that would be good too.

K-urrency the InvestingFreak

This is very nice way you have explain the US stock market. It is true that market is likely to reach at its best. Many US economist are claims this about US economy.