market direction

with the list of banks/country's lining up to sue goldman, this could potential be quite positive for euro/pound with a few billion flowing back into european/uk banks if they are successful. so its possible we might not see the usual dollar flight to safety is US stocks start to get clipped

:cool:

if you wana see what happens to these kind of markets, have a look at the build up to the highs a few months before the 29 crash, 87 and the tech bubble. i dont know how to do it but the correlations must be staggering. that constant grind higher day after day for months on end with no looking back exactly like we are seeing now.

i dont really expect a crash coz a proper oldschool crash isnt even possible in this day and age!

but i expect to see some heavy selling coming in over the next week or two!

29, 87, tech

striking no?

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 87.jpg
    87.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 162
  • tech.jpg
    tech.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 150
double top in the spoo, make it break time! slightly concerned we might be going back to the grind..

on the other hand this volcano could cause some serious economic problems! thats twice now iceland has screwed us, time for war! lol

Thrice. Don't forget the cod war!

BTW, why do you not think a good old fashioned crash could not happen these days?
I assume because of technology in a general way, but anything more specific?

well first you have the breakers! is the dow drops 10% they pull the plug on trading for the day, or a few hours i cant remember. second you have the plunge protection team! the PPT is probably why we never saw a proper crash in 2008, it was more of a slow motion crash.

the PPT is the prime brokers, goldman, jp etc..who will prop the market up no matter what, probably with fed money.

well first you have the breakers! is the dow drops 10% they pull the plug on trading for the day, or a few hours i cant remember. second you have the plunge protection team! the PPT is probably why we never saw a proper crash in 2008, it was more of a slow motion crash.

the PPT is the prime brokers, goldman, jp etc..who will prop the market up no matter what, probably with fed money.

Normally I would believe they were using fed money, but I am more incline to now believe the gov't has told regulators to turn a blind eye toward all the front running (flash orders), scams, and millions in fraud they are perpetrating against the public. Some of that is just now coming to light. Just my opinion.

Peter

Is it a function of age to believe that everything is a giant Ponzi scheme, or is it really true? I'm getting more concerned year by year.

i like buying dips on euros, i think greece will soon leave the eu and the shorts will have the ******** tighly squeezed