Margin balances + liquidation - Need help

Keady

2 0
Hi,

I am currently teaching myself about the Forex market with the hope to begin trading in it within the next 6 months. I have little to no knowledge, as I have just begun reading about it.

At the moment, I am reading 'Currency Trading for Dummies' written by Mark Galant & Brian Dolan.

I am struggling to understand the concept of Margin balances and liquidation, could someone please explain the following questions:

• What is the margin requirements from the broker?
  • What is an online forex broker?
  • What is unrealized and realized profit + loss?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Steven2805

32 4
Hi,

I am currently teaching myself about the Forex market with the hope to begin trading in it within the next 6 months. I have little to no knowledge, as I have just begun reading about it.

At the moment, I am reading 'Currency Trading for Dummies' written by Mark Galant & Brian Dolan.

I am struggling to understand the concept of Margin balances and liquidation, could someone please explain the following questions:

• What is the margin requirements from the broker?
  • What is an online forex broker?
  • What is unrealized and realized profit + loss?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

What is the margin requirements from the broker?

Your margin is the minimum you must have in your broker account to take a trade. This will be a different amount dependant on the broker and market traded.

What is an online forex broker?

Google "online forex brokers"

What is unrealized and realized profit + loss?

Unrealized is the amount you have in running trades and realized is money have actually made from closed trades.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock