MANUALS & CD's

RogerM said:
Hi Badd Boi,

I did Robert Newgrosh's courses about 6 - 7 years ago and found them to be very good. No "get rich quick" hype - just solid TA. I wouldn't recommend just buying the manuals unless you intend to go on the courses very soon after. Whilst they are good, they contain no "magic bullet" (none of them do) and are designed as support material to which you can add notes during the courses. You would probably get more from the courses if you do some serious homework first.

I would start of with a few good books, and the best one to start with, IMHO, is :-

"How charts can help you in the stock market" by William Jiler. This is a real gem, and at under £10 from Amazon it is a give-away!

Hi RogerM,
This Robert Newgrosh is some guy.
I can't find anyone who has said a bad word about him or his courses.
I spoke to him on the phone recently and ordered the first course manual ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL ANALYSIS.
Unfortunately, I am unable to go on the actual courses due to illness which prevents me from travelling.
But I am not going to let that stop me from learning.
Do you think the manuals on their own are worth the money?
Thanks for the book tip it's much appreciated.
Badd Boi

Last edited:
Robert is a first class trainer, but I believe that the manuals are best used as part of his courses. If you don't intend to go on the courses then I think your money would be better spent on a range of decent trading books, or even keep it to form part of your trading account for when you start live trading. You can learn just so much from reading - such a large part of trading is psychological that you will definitely make different decisions, and at different times, when real money is on the table. You don't need to know everything to get started with papertrading - preferably using a simulator so that you can't "fudge" the results! KEEP IT SIMPLE!

RogerM said:
Robert is a first class trainer, but I believe that the manuals are best used as part of his courses. If you don't intend to go on the courses then I think your money would be better spent on a range of decent trading books, or even keep it to form part of your trading account for when you start live trading. You can learn just so much from reading - such a large part of trading is psychological that you will definitely make different decisions, and at different times, when real money is on the table. You don't need to know everything to get started with papertrading - preferably using a simulator so that you can't "fudge" the results! KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Thanks RogerM I appreciate your words of wisdom.
I have been struggling with whether to proceed further with the manuals or not - since I am unable to attend the courses, and I think you need too to get the best from the manuals
As you say the money could be spent/saved for other things.
Thanks again for your words of wisdom.
Badd Boi

You're welcome Badd Boi. I think the main lesson should be that in the early stages there is much you can learn from reading the classic texts, trawling through T2W, and using the web. There is much you can learn for yourself without throwing your hard earned money at people. Then papertrade in whichever time frame you feel most comfortable. For many people this will be from daily charts - I believe that swing trading over a period of several days is easier to begin with as you have time to consider your trades at leasure with the markets closed, whereas daytrading requires instant analysis and quick decisions, and is emotionally far more draining. Only then consider paying for coaching or attending seminars.

In addition to the books recommended by myself and others, trawl through the threads on trading the Dow by Chartman on this site, and also sign up for Ed Downs signal watch (it's free) at http://www.signalwatch.com/markets/markets-dow.asp . This is a daily service which enables you to follow analysis of todays charts rather than text book examples from years back. The "chart of the day" series is particularly good for brushing up and consolidating your TA. I still use it regularly to fine-tune my own skills, and to relearn some forgotten lessons.

RogerM you are wise man.
Thanks for taking the time to give me some good advise.
The thing is, am I smart enough to use it.
I do hope so!
I'm checking out the link you kindly gave me right now.
Cheer's to you RogerM
Badd Boi

fwiw, I went on one of Roberts free intros yesterday and found it very interesting and useful. It seems clear to me that he isnt a rip-off merchant (of which there are many) or a get-rich-quick merchant (of which there are even more).

His explanations of market psychology were extremely useful.

Facts were delivered in straightforward style, no hype, no bother. I will be going on at least one of the courses to see if they deliver what they appear to.

MT

badd boi said:
Hi RogerM,
This Robert Newgrosh is some guy.
I can't find anyone who has said a bad word about him or his courses.
I spoke to him on the phone recently and ordered the first course manual ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL ANALYSIS.
Unfortunately, I am unable to go on the actual courses due to illness which prevents me from travelling.
But I am not going to let that stop me from learning.
Do you think the manuals on their own are worth the money?
Thanks for the book tip it's much appreciated.
Badd Boi

MysticalTrader said:
fwiw, I went on one of Roberts free intros yesterday and found it very interesting and useful. It seems clear to me that he isnt a rip-off merchant (of which there are many) or a get-rich-quick merchant (of which there are even more).
MT
Hi MysticalTrader,
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the free into. course.
I certainly agree Robert seems to be top notch, from the reports I get.
Hope you continue to keep up your studies on TA, which I believe are vital in this game.
Good Luck.
Badd Boi

Hi All,

I have started a new thread on NEW SKILLS
in the TRADING RESOURCES board if anyone
who has been on the courses etc.etc wishes to post there insted.
thanks,

badd Boi

Hi,
Anybody bought any of the CD's from CLICK EVENTS.
What did you think of them.
Are they good courses.
Can you print information off of them, if you needed too?
Badd Boi