Manchester

I originally posted whether anyone was interested in renting a work station to trade from in a 'proper' trading envoiroment.

That is because I met this fellow, Victor Porter, Proprietor of

Sports Exchange Shop. The North Wests Betting Exchange Trading Room, live sports feeds, trading software, fast internet: Home Page

His aim was originally a totally Sports orientated trading arcade. I said there may be financial traders 'out there' in the North West who would use should a trading facility.

Well, he has very kindly accomodated my request to let me rent a work station. I am the first trader (sports/financial) to take a space in his new office. Thats my work station in the left hand corner about 45 seconds into this video.

YouTube - Sport Exchange Shop Warrington

If you are interested please email [email protected]

Each trader will have 2 22' monitors, high spec computer and super fast high speed internet access. There will also be a 'live' squawk service bringing us the latest breaking news or you can bring in your own equipment as I have done.

I am bringing this to trader's attention who may have considered trading from an office. I have no vested interest in the project, and I don't offer training. What I am interested in is getting other like minded traders into this envoiroment so that we can chew the fat imbetween trades!!

If you want to come down and see for yourself the advantage of working in such an arcade then contact Victor.....

Best regards

How much per month?

Apologies, I must expand a little more about the rent at The Sport Exchange Shop.....

I have rented the desk for the first month for £450, one of the reasons is I am the first one through the door...

On Oct 1st, the leased line super fast internet connection is up and running. 'Trace route' tests have shown that through the Cable and Wireless ethernet fibre optic cable I can connect to the Eurex in Frankfurt up to 4 times faster than I do now.

Out of interest any SPORTS Traders out there that are interested, one can connect to the Betfair servers up to 8 times faster than you do from home at The Exchange Shop. 8MS there and back plus a few millie seconds for your transaction (bet to be matched) is ultra fast. The reason, Betfair servers are also on the same Cable and Wirless Network

Presently, I am connected on the 'speeds up to' 24MB on a dedicated PSTN internet connection. This will beome the permanent BACK_UP connection in October, thats the second reason I got a deal in September of £450.

From Oct 1st, the rent per 'FINANCIAL' Work Station including the 'live' squawk service is £500.

Sports work station rates are higher as they have Turf TV, SIS, Sky and a Flatscreen TV per desk factored into their costs.....These rents are £40/day, £200/week and £750/month, before anyone asks??

That gents/ladies is an absolute bargain.

I have moved from another small office I shared on a standard internet connection.
There I had rent, biz rates, water, electric, seperate Bt biz internet etc etc...

What Victor is creating here in Warrington is going to be an awesome trading facility that will be a great atmosphere to trade in!

Last edited:
To answer a couple of questions I had emailed to me....

You can use any broker, software you like or currently use.

There is no training available for FINANCIAL traders currently. If you email [email protected] and there is enough demand I am sure he will facilitate training to suit.

There is training offered in house for SPORTS Traders through accredited Betfair Trainers.

Attention all Finance Traders

Sport Exchange Shop is the North West's Premier trading facility is pleased to host an open evening for Financial Traders. The shop facilities are already being successfully used by both financial and sports traders in markets as diverse as Crude Oil, Bonds and US Treasury Note.

The facilities for finance traders are superb:

• live data feeds direct from the exchanges for all financial markets
• Professional trading platforms
• Historical data feeds powering full historical graphs and charting
• Live commentary of markets, news and ‘squawk’ services
• Training and advice from pro-trainers and traders

The trading room is a professional environment, in a modern office designed to maximise your trading profits with like minded traders.

The evening is free and takes place at 7.30pm Thursday 17th December in the trading room at the shop.

The evening runs with:

• Introductions
• Seminar by Charles Cochran who as 27 year experience of Market Profile Methodology
• Demonstration of Market Trading and Charting platforms
• Summary of Trading Room facilities
• Questions and Answers

Please PM me for details

Last edited by a moderator: