Manchester

sambinho

Hi guys.

Are there any arcades in Manchester? Any plans to open one?

Groups of guys already trading from an office?

Just trying to gauge interest here.

Hi there. This is exactly what I am looking for. Am an experienced trader (ex-Bear Stearns) working from home. Looking for a set-up in Manchester... let me know if you hear of anywhere. thanks

I would also be interested in this, although not until around February/March of next year. Looking for office-sharing rather than a full service arcade for the moment, would also be interested in speaking to anyone interested in sharing space in Leeds or (ideally) York.

Cheers,

SL

I'm no longer interested, but good luck to all of you in getting something set up, Leeds/Manchester could really do with a decent setup

Would also be interested.
How much experience do people have and what ball park desk fees would you consider? (Assuming all splitting the rent/expenses)

I am very intested to see everyone enquiring about trading office.
It is something i have been looking to do for a while but to actually set it up would need to know what interest there would be.
What would you be willing to pay for a shared office?
Would you you want to be able to have a choice of brokers and charting software?
what would you expect Infrastructure wise? E.g. how many monitors, how many PC's
What hours would you need an office to be open?

Any other ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I am very intested to see everyone enquiring about trading office.
It is something i have been looking to do for a while but to actually set it up would need to know what interest there would be.
What would you be willing to pay for a shared office?
Would you you want to be able to have a choice of brokers and charting software?
what would you expect Infrastructure wise? E.g. how many monitors, how many PC's
What hours would you need an office to be open?

Any other ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

yes i am interested.
please keep me informed.

Manchetser Trading office

yes i am interested.
please keep me informed.
Hi Stephen

What do you trade?
I trade nasdaq Nyse. Currently trade from home using Lightspeed trader.

My idea is to open a shared office space. I have been in touch with a few people letting office space in manchester to get an idea of costs etc.

what i could do with knowing though is what people would expect from a shared trading office space?
How much would you be willing to pay. for e.g PC 3 x flat screens, Decent office space in Manchester. Good access via public transport or easy motorway links. Fast reliable internet, Leased line if possible?
Would you want to choose your broker/software? or
do you ned 24hr access for asian markets ??
Anything you can think off would give me an idea of what traders in general would want.

Thanks for replying to my post

Cheers

Scott

For the Heaven's shake, guys!!!!
I'm totally depressed and gloomy now :cry:

I left my job, went to Manchester (got an apartment in Princess Street, the very center) several months ago looking to settle there doing some trading. I couldn't.

I've come back to Madrid, and started to full-time trading from home.

I'm about to cry by reading this thread :(

Maybe in other occasion.

ps. nice city btw. plenty of young university girls :)

Last edited:
Hi Stephen

What do you trade?
I trade nasdaq Nyse. Currently trade from home using Lightspeed trader.

My idea is to open a shared office space. I have been in touch with a few people letting office space in manchester to get an idea of costs etc.

what i could do with knowing though is what people would expect from a shared trading office space?
How much would you be willing to pay. for e.g PC 3 x flat screens, Decent office space in Manchester. Good access via public transport or easy motorway links. Fast reliable internet, Leased line if possible?
Would you want to choose your broker/software? or
do you ned 24hr access for asian markets ??
Anything you can think off would give me an idea of what traders in general would want.

Thanks for replying to my post

Cheers

Scott

yes i am interested.
please tell me more about it.

yes i am interested.
please tell me more about it.

Hi Stephen

Possibly open a shared trading office in Central\North Manchester area. either near ring road or central enough for train/ tram access + easy parking etc.

Would be a dedicated Leased line 10mb, fast PC's At least 3 TFT 19 or 22" monitors.
Nice office desks etc.

Initially thinking of an office big enough for about 10 people.

i did do some costings a while ago but I didn't really have the conviction to follow it through. I can't remember the figures i came up with. I will dig them out.

What i am after is how much people are willing to pay for great access to the markets, and have an office atmosphere.
Trading from home is a lonely pursuit!
It all depends on cost. If it is a commercially vialble option then i would love to be able to open one.

what do you trade at the moment? As i trade US markets it would obviously have to be open of an evening as well as during uk market hours

Any comments much appreciated

thanks

Hi Stephen

Possibly open a shared trading office in Central\North Manchester area. either near ring road or central enough for train/ tram access + easy parking etc.

Would be a dedicated Leased line 10mb, fast PC's At least 3 TFT 19 or 22" monitors.
Nice office desks etc.

Initially thinking of an office big enough for about 10 people.

i did do some costings a while ago but I didn't really have the conviction to follow it through. I can't remember the figures i came up with. I will dig them out.

What i am after is how much people are willing to pay for great access to the markets, and have an office atmosphere.
Trading from home is a lonely pursuit!
It all depends on cost. If it is a commercially vialble option then i would love to be able to open one.

what do you trade at the moment? As i trade US markets it would obviously have to be open of an evening as well as during uk market hours

Any comments much appreciated

thanks

yes i use ig index for spread trading,
i trade oil, currencies and the us markets,
i need to learn more but am very interested,
perhaps we should meet up sometime.

Stephen.

Warrington Sports Exchange Shop

I originally posted whether anyone was interested in renting a work station to trade from in a 'proper' trading envoiroment.

That is because I met this fellow, Victor Porter, Proprietor of

Sports Exchange Shop. The North Wests Betting Exchange Trading Room, live sports feeds, trading software, fast internet: Home Page

His aim was originally a totally Sports orientated trading arcade. I said there may be financial traders 'out there' in the North West who would use such a trading facility.

Well, he has very kindly accomodated my request to let me rent a work station. I am the first trader (sports/financial) to take a space in his new office. Thats my work station in the left hand corner about 45 seconds into this video.

YouTube - Sport Exchange Shop Warrington

If you are interested please email [email protected]

Each trader will have 2 22' monitors, high spec computer and super fast high speed internet access. There will also be a 'live' squawk service bringing us the latest breaking news or you can bring in your own equipment as I have done.

I am bringing this to trader's attention who may have considered trading from an office. I have no vested interest in the project, and I don't offer training. What I am interested in is getting other like minded traders into this envoiroment so that we can chew the fat imbetween trades!!

If you want to come down and see for yourself the advantage of working in such an arcade then contact Victor.....

Best regards

Last edited:
I like the sound of that. Moving back up north soon and this sounds spot on. Home is in Chester so not to far to go.