Looking for US broker that will accept non us resident to open account

Can anyone provide any other brokers to day trade US and UK stocks on the cheap with minimum deposit?

As UK brokers tend to be expensive.

you don't need to go there

it suprise me why you asking for USA brokers and you are living on UK

in UK, you could trade more than USA as there is no spread betting no binary and cfds

the legislation there very hard and is better for you to trade on uk

it suprise me why you asking for USA brokers and you are living on UK

in UK, you could trade more than USA as there is no spread betting no binary and cfds

the legislation there very hard and is better for you to trade on uk

yes thats right. But i find UK DMA brokers charging double the fees. Cost effective if youre with a USA broker if im right.

Name afew UK DMA brokers then to trade shares with minimum bid/ask or minimum spread?

IB is actually very good.

I have the same problem , i cannot find any broker who accepts , especially if you are from Baltic States(EU).
Maybe here is usres for Baltic State who trades US penny stocks and can suggest broker?

I recommend Interactive Brokers. Their minimum may be high; however, their commissions are extremely low. I welcome anyone to show me a brokerage house with cheaper commissions.

I am a newbie too and have the same dilemma. Have been looking into US brokers for UK residents. Has anyone used SureTrader? You can open an account for $500.

I am a newbie too and have the same dilemma. Have been looking into US brokers for UK residents. Has anyone used SureTrader? You can open an account for $500.

if you are new I don't understand the lure of going offshore? in any case you'll probably lose money whatever you do at the start, by you own hand. though the risk of loss is greater if you make an unwise broker/investment or trading vehicle choices for your circumstances.

suretrader are based and regulated in the Bahamas, so you'll be sending money offshore, i don't see that a good idea as the entity may not be regulated locally i.e. uk, you will then likely have little protection here if, for example, the entity became insolvent or just stops trading and does a runner, if something goes wrong and your funds disappear you'll have no recourse to fscs compensation etc.

also, if you read their blurb, they are the counterparty to the trades. there's no mention of deposits being segregated either.

All transactions are executed against Swiss America Securities, Ltd. in a principal capacity and we may make money trading as your counter-party. You should consider this conflict of interest before placing trades.

I take that to mean they are acting like a bucket shop and can in effect be trading against you, like retail forex/speadbetting accounts etc. if you are happy with this scenario, and if you must trade us stocks, you have to do it somewhere, right? keep in mind you don't have to own or be obliged to own (or believe you own) the stocks outright to trade, you can just play the movement of the stock, so why not take a look at a uk cfd/spreadbet outfit in the uk that carries us stocks. I believe that a better scenario route to research than sending monies to some far flung banana republic for an inferior similar service, without local deposit protection.

for added safety and security, a good rule of thumb is to scroll to the bottom of a homepage and read the blurb. all relevant regulatory/licensing/website ownership/disclaimers etc will normally be found there, if it is absent hit the back button smartly as you've likely stumbled across unregulated clowns, there are many. for further aids also hit the "about us" and "contact us" links to establish further clues as to their whereabouts, then read their t&c's.

I do hope that has at least given some ideas for you as you research your options.

Thanks Lighting McQueen!

I feel like the more you get under the skin of this industry, the more dodgy dealers you find from trading rooms, training courses/DVDs and unregulated brokers.

In answer to your first question, Sure Trader is recommended by the likes of Tim Sykes, Investors Underground and Warrior Traders. But been on TradingSchools.org this morning hence my first comment.

I will look at some UK brokers instead as to be honest, I'm not hung up on buying the actual stock but I've also heard bad things about CFD accounts though so I guess it's a case of trying to find the trusted and honest ones.

Cheers
Rebecca

also, if you read their blurb, they are the counterparty to the trades. there's no mention of deposits being segregated either.

So, when you deposit money into an account, it goes into the same pool of money and they don't keep a separate account for each investor ?

I take that to mean they are acting like a bucket shop and can in effect be trading against you, like retail forex/speadbetting accounts etc. if you are happy with this scenario, and if you must trade us stocks, you have to do it somewhere, right? keep in mind you don't have to own or be obliged to own (or believe you own) the stocks outright to trade, you can just play the movement of the stock, so why not take a look at a uk cfd/spreadbet outfit in the uk that carries us stocks. I believe that a better scenario route to research than sending monies to some far flung banana republic for an inferior similar service, without local deposit protection.

What is a bucket shop and how would they trade against you ?

Hi Guys

i am looking for a us broker that will accept international traders mainly from the UK as i live there. can you guys point me to the right direction.

Any broker in the US will accept you if you have either a SSN (social security number) or EIN (Employer Identification Number) Since you are not American, you do not have a SSN. You can get an EIN very easily. You can form an LLC in any state, but it is preferable to do so in Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada or Delaware. You do not have to be an American nor do you need an American residence. It costs around $200 for the company formation. The registered agent solves the problem of residence.

Any broker in the US will accept you if you have either a SSN (social security number) or EIN (Employer Identification Number) Since you are not American, you do not have a SSN. You can get an EIN very easily. You can form an LLC in any state, but it is preferable to do so in Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada or Delaware. You do not have to be an American nor do you need an American residence. It costs around $200 for the company formation. The registered agent solves the problem of residence.

But then with an EIN you are supposed to pay taxes to IRS ,arent you ??

Can someone help to choose and open an account in USA? I am not a resident of the United States

I think that oanda is better but I've not been their client for many years..

I also recommend u to visit fx empire: thee have a great filter to choose a broker u need

I have an account with TD that allows me to trade US markets. In the past I've had an account with iWeb also for US. Might be because I trade from a Limited Company in the UK though.