Looking for help perfecting EA that returns 300% non compounded per month

jeff_calgary

Hey guys, I am new here, but I am looking for some very skilled and experienced people that would like to work with me on perfecting my system. It works well in the trending markets, but tends to get chewed up a bit on the flat markets. During the month of January I was up 300%. I have attached the mt4 trade history and performance graph. It is an EA.

Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

• DetailedStatement.htm
    172 KB · Views: 556
  • DetailedStatement.gif
    DetailedStatement.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 349
Hey guys, I am new here, but I am looking for some very skilled and experienced people that would like to work with me on perfecting my system. It works well in the trending markets, but tends to get chewed up a bit on the flat markets. During the month of January I was up 300%. I have attached the mt4 trade history and performance graph. It is an EA.

Thanks
Jeff

What areas do you need help with ?

Thanks
Jeff

so what kind of help you need here ? you just include 1 detailed statement file, and 1 pic. what's the problem then.
"I have attached the mt4 trade history and performance graph. It is an EA."
Quick respond :
" No it's a detailed statement !! "

filters maybe....

What areas do you need help with ?

I was looking for someone (or some people) that would be interested in helping me maybe include some additional filtering to avoid the flat periods. I get worried about too much ranging action without some good movements could affect the results in a very negative way. Just want to see if there was anyone that could help me come up with some good filtering to avoid the flat times.

When the markets trend, it continuously adds to the trades following the trend, so it makes good returns it these situations.

Just an idea, why don't you measure the daily range and work off that as a measure to filter out some of the consolidation noise

I am assuming you already have some mechanism saying "here is a trend - start building a position".
If so, could you use it to say "there is no trend here - stop building positions?

As an aside, whilst the returns are interesting, are you really going to keep that 12,509 gain from that USDCHF short in the mix?
The one trade that represents over 1/3 of your 32K-ish gains.
I would treat it as "windfall", and take unusual, excessive gains out of the picture.
Since, you can't reasonably expect such largesse to fall at your feet every month.
(or, maybe, you can)

Its just a suggestion to set your expectations for future months trading.

Thanks
Jeff

everything works well in trending markets dude...........;)