Looking for a Day Trading Options Simulator

louistrader

Hello,

I am looking to day trade, in a simualted and life-like environment after the market is closed due to working during market hours.

Specifically I am looking to day trade SPY options.

I have utilized the search function on this forum as well as Web searches to no avail which is why I am posting here. Some simulators that I have found do not specify that I can day trade options. They only mention stocks and do not even mention ETFs.

Any recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Louis

Thinkorswim is about as real as it gets. You'll have to create an account w/TDA but you don't have to have any $ in it to trade the paper trading feature. The level 2 feed is delayed but charts are real time.

Thinkorswim is about as real as it gets. You'll have to create an account w/TDA but you don't have to have any $ in it to trade the paper trading feature. The level 2 feed is delayed but charts are real time.

Thank you for replying. My issue is that I am at work during the hours that the market is open so I would like to be able to come home from work and day trade as if it were live to see how well I would have done. Thinkorswim is good, but as far as I know they do not have a market replay feature.

Thank you for replying. My issue is that I am at work during the hours that the market is open so I would like to be able to come home from work and day trade as if it were live to see how well I would have done. Thinkorswim is good, but as far as I know they do not have a market replay feature.

It also has the "ThinkBack" option. Where you can go back to any point in time for the last several years...like 5 or 8 or something. And trade real time or speed it up to 3x so it doesn't take so long.:D

It also has the "ThinkBack" option. Where you can go back to any point in time for the last several years...like 5 or 8 or something. And trade real time or speed it up to 3x so it doesn't take so long.:D

ACstudio, thank you very much for replying. I will definitely look into this feature. So I can actually replay intraday data as if I were day trading with different indicators, trailing stops, etc?

Thank you again. It is very much appreciated.

ACstudio, thank you very much for replying. I will definitely look into this feature. So I can actually replay intraday data as if I were day trading with different indicators, trailing stops, etc?

Thank you again. It is very much appreciated.

Ye its fully functional.

I checked into TOS' thinkback function last night. I cannot figure out how to change the chart to look the way that it did at that moment in time. I also cannot figure out how to get intraday data. Does anyone have any information on this?

I want to follow up to help others that have the same issue. The feature that TOS has that satisfies my needs is OnDemand. It is fantastic! The one drawback is that you cannot place trailing stop orders, but other than that it is great.