Looking at Market Analyzer. (MDS News)

Rossini

Established member
I have been having a trial of Market analyser to possibly replace my current charting. They use a bloomberg feed for their data. To trade I use FXCM active trader.

Looking at Market Analyzer using the quotes displayed for cable through the chart, it seems very erratic and fast moving compared to FXCM. Done get me wrong they are roughly the same price but one is far more ''jumpy''' than the other. What am I seeing here? Is it the spread widening or something else completely? Obviously I can't see the Bid/Ask only what I assume is the Mid price?

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

I have been having a trial of Market analyser to possibly replace my current charting. They use a bloomberg feed for their data. To trade I use FXCM active trader.

Looking at Market Analyzer using the quotes displayed for cable through the chart, it seems very erratic and fast moving compared to FXCM. Done get me wrong they are roughly the same price but one is far more ''jumpy''' than the other. What am I seeing here? Is it the spread widening or something else completely? Obviously I can't see the Bid/Ask only what I assume is the Mid price?

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Is FXCM 's prices unfiltered?Are they real market prices.

I suggest you get a demo account with DBFX and compare it with DBFX.

o d t

FXCM has around 7 banks that give liquidity and FXCM effectively aggregates the prices to give the best bid/ask. That's how I understand it anyway. I just wondered if the prices I was seeing on Market Analyzer are 'tradable' prices?

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

The prices are unfiltered. It could be that the feed jumping around more has less liquidity so the prices are moving more actively as liquidity at one price dries up more quickly.