Lmax caveat emptor !

There is no such document. But lmax can decide to close your account without giving you a reason, just like you can close the account without needing to do any explaining.

Bottomline is that lmax had to agree to "police" their exchange for toxic flow, otherwise LPs would not have agreed to post firm quotes w/o last look. So if LPs start to complain you may have a problem.

But i doubt that you posting limits between the BBO can possibly be interpreted as toxic. On the contrary, adding liquidity benefits the marketplace (and lmax directly too, because for client to client orders lmax collects more fees. LPs dont pay fees to lmax for passive executions).

Thanks. Take a moment to distinguish between "active" and "passive" executions. Also, clarify "client to client". I'm particularly interested in understanding the "mix" of LPs, direct LMAX brokerage clients, and "other" participants on the exchange. Got any insights on that?

For example, at Dukascopy there is no liquidity inside the spread, unless one of their clients happens to act as a counterparty. Everyone else on the book is a Market Maker and will not trade "wholesale" with you, as they are the "wholesalers". But on LMAX there should be a wider range of "non Liquidity Provider" participants who act as counterparties, which are themselves not the LMAX brokerage's clients? See what I'm asking?

Like, for example, on LinkedIn you might try to sell a product. But *everyone* on LinkedIn is trying to sell you a product; and there are no actual "clients" who would buy from you on LinkedIn. They're all on the hustle to sell something, not to buy from you... Just as an analogy. And a purely Retail brokerage, like Dukascopy, as good as it is, has a book which consists only of Liquidity Providers or Market Makers as I call them. There are no "retail guys" using Market orders to act as counterparties to your Best Bids, and when they do come in, the size is insignificant.
I know because I tried to play that game for a long time, and that's why we moved the wholesale scalping
objectives to LMAX.

Thanks and Good Trading !
HyperScalper

Its just a stright up central limit order book, with a few exceptions. Liquidity providers, "general members" in lmax lingo, are not matched with each other, so there is the possibility of zero or negative spread. The general members dont pay fees if someone hits one of their resting limit orders. Thats all there is to know about that.

Wrt Dukas: i dont really trust them. Andre Duka is clearly a crank, also, they are russians. They do also give horrible last look privileges to their marketmakers, which can result in horrible slippage in fast market situations and i' m not sure at all that they dont interanalize flow after all.

Its just a stright up central limit order book, with a few exceptions. Liquidity providers, "general members" in lmax lingo, are not matched with each other, so there is the possibility of zero or negative spread. The general members dont pay fees if someone hits one of their resting limit orders. Thats all there is to know about that.

Wrt Dukas: i dont really trust them. Andre Duka is clearly a crank, also, they are russians. They do also give horrible last look privileges to their marketmakers, which can result in horrible slippage in fast market situations and i' m not sure at all that they dont interanalize flow after all.

Dukascopy is scrupulously honest. There's no "slippage". If you see slippage
it's mainly because you are "chasing" the market, and the market has moved
on... I have done extremely high precision scalping with Dukas, so I know
there is no slippage, lots of price improvement, and also almost zero
counterparty rejections, extremely rare.

So don't be so suspicious of them :) Even Russians are "honest" ... ;-)

HyperScalper

How come all other brokers are OTC and LMAX is an exchange, whats the difference and/or benefit. Does that mean from the SNB event, everyone on LMAX exchange was fine?

No, you will have to pay negative balances with Lmax, their risk disclosure is pretty explicit about that. And its the same with any other leveraged products traded on exchanges, such as futures. There is no reason why an exchange(or broker) should pay the losses of traders.