Lloy and ig markets problem confusion

jonboy123

hi

I bought a CFD with IG markets on LLOY today. (my first time)

IG markets charts, do not show the share price as other sites.
LLOY was hitting £1 this month.

But IG charts say only 70p was the high.

I phoned them, they couldnt answer me properly. Long phone call.

Selftrade have several tickers for LLOYDS..... LLPD or summat..... and those are preference shares, and them charts are same as IG, eg 70p highs...... not like the REAL LLOY at £1 levels.

Can someone check your LLOY chart with IG market.....or ig index, teh charts are the same on my ig acounts.

Im baffled.
I wanted to buy CFD of LLOY, but the charts do not add up.

thanks.

They've probably adjusted it for the corporate action- Lloyds are having a rights issue @ 30p or so. It makes it more comparable because on the face of it it looks like LLOY gapped down 30%.

They've probably adjusted it for the corporate action- Lloyds are having a rights issue @ 30p or so. It makes it more comparable because on the face of it it looks like LLOY gapped down 30%.

No, i dont think so. ...

because yesterdays open and close is LOWER.
But it was actually HIGHER.

IG man on phone said his charts were showing the £1 prices in may.....but mine was not. ITs a clear problem.

The LLOY chart on IG markets......its NOT LIKE any other LLOY chart, when you compare with ANY other website.

The IG markets LLOY chart actaully reflects the LLPC and LLPD lloyds preference share charts.... which is completely diff to the normal LLOY....

My CFD buy shows as LLOY.....but the chart is clearly NOT LLOY.....

sorry, ive just been stressed by this ALL day..... IG could not give me straight answeres on phone....i gave up with them.

The IG LLOY chart show yestedays open and close as being LOWER than todays......this is impossible......

I meant they've probably adjusted yesterdays price- so that the 30p gap this morning is "smoothed out" In other words, the chart is now representing how many % LLOY has REALLY fallen/gained, stripping out the fact that its gone ex rights.

If a trader didn't know that there had been a corporate action they would wonder why there had been a big drop. IG are probably just trying to show the true effect on the price of LLOY shares.

hmm...maybe. I see what your saying. Ill see how it goes. I expect an email from IG.

Hope it all becomes clearer tmrw onwards.

As long as the IG LLOY price is the same as the LLOY price in the market place, im happy.

cheerio.

man, im done with this one.
I got a call from IG...they say its really LLOY ordinary shares, chart has been adjusted for the share drama that took place.

thanks anyway.