Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Eyeing up a possible short brewing on the 10 minute cable chart.Waiting and watching

Hi BP, hope your well, l don't post all the time or every day, priority as always trade first, post second, sometimes its to late after the event to post it.

I saw you post, for me, that entry was going against the 10 minute chart momentum, entry up (for me) was when momentum was confirmed at 11.00.

L think the Lord F has his hand full still.

If you look at the tread, Zen, Wacky Pat don't always post every day, just pop in when its suits them.

Good hunting
afternoon rob ---- have to agree trade first then if time post ------ the two trades posted were losers but thats my own fault by trying to be smart and enter before proper signal (I am sure you understand ) the loss on trades( not posted here) were recouped by waiting for correct entry signal / time ------ a lot of heat around this 1.3300 level -----in short myself so time will tell if correct

long eur/jpy @ 128.676. s/l -15 t/p @ +20 Just trying out Neil's correlator.

Hit limit order @ 128.876 for + 20.

tempted to re enter, I think there's another 20 pips to be had yet, Temptation resisted though, don't want to over trade, steady away...(y)

Morning,
Rob thanks for your post with chart , I was in the 11.00am long but yes you are quite right the earlier one was me trying to jump the gun . Trading can be a very boring / frustrating absorption of precious time , but I do hope that over the past few years I have made some laugh with my posts as without laughter you might as well be 6ft.under. I have decieded to follow my peers as mentioned in your post no.14005 and take a back seat but do hope that this thread continues for his lordships sake

closed it out @ 128.332 for 22 pips, I drew the t/p line on my chart in the wrong place, got slightly spooked when it passed right through it and i was still in the trade, I ended up closing manually in the confusion. lol.

shorted gbp/yen @ 149.453. s/l +20.. t/p +23 pips.

Bit quiet on this thread now, :(

stopped out, price came within 2 pips of my stop order and i got stopped out, apparently you have to add the spread onto the chart price to give a true price ?? Anyone know if this is true ?

stopped out, price came within 2 pips of my stop order and i got stopped out, apparently you have to add the spread onto the chart price to give a true price ?? Anyone know if this is true ?

It depends on which price is being plotted on your chart. From your description it sounds like the bid price is being plotted on your chart. So the (buy) stop, for your G/J short, will trigger when your chart shows the price of the stop order minus the spread (which is the same as saying "add the spread onto the bid to get the offer (true?) price - your buy stop will trigger when it hits the current offer price).

If your charts are based on mid price then you need to make the adjustment for HALF the spread on both buy and sell orders, when setting your stop level.

If you plot the offer price on your charts then you'd need to make the adjustment for sell orders instead (to get the bid), etc.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the spread is not always fixed and it can widen considerably prior to news releases or outside of core trading hours.

Remember, that if you use a broker then you are always selling at the bid and buying at the offer price (i.e. paying the spread). If you were a market maker you would be doing the opposite (i.e. earning the spread on every trade).

I hope that makes sense - it becomes second nature after a while.

Regards,
c6

Last edited:
Many thanks c6, ive never noticed that before, Once i enter a trade i usually draw 2 lines across the chart with my stop and t/p level, Like mentioned, the price rose to within 2 pips of my stop but i was stopped out, thanks for clearing that up.

morning flibble and good luck with your trades ------- have to go in this eur/usd @ 24 so a nice 10 would be a good starter

Morning, I started today with a lovely -10 :\ The thing is I seem to know when I'm about to make a dubious trade but still working on the restraint needed to just wait and not take it out of frustration!
As much as I find this all quite enjoyable, there are long periods of nothing between the good bits and that's when rash decisions start getting made.
I'll get there eventually :)

looks like everyone,s retired ------ or are they all now crew members on dinos liner

I haven't traded much during the summer - busy time for me. The handful of trades I did make were mostly US stocks. The range of currency prices during the US session is generally deplorable with the exception of a thin volume pop or drop then back to snoozefest.

I will be more active again in September :)

Peter