Attachments

• ed4bbc9ce347f75becf5121b914e91d2.png
    ed4bbc9ce347f75becf5121b914e91d2.png
    72 KB · Views: 124
  • 95429257fa557f014156bccc019ae932.png
    95429257fa557f014156bccc019ae932.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 124
sell eur/usd at 1.3340 stop at 1.3375
Are you really trading these calls you're making? the eurodollar is a ragged little devil in any of the lower timeframes at the moment and given the average pips profit and stops most on this thread seem to be aiming for, it's going to tears before bedtime for most trades of this nature on this pair at the moment.

Do you do any technical analysis on the pair or even just look at the price action: as if you're using anything other than a genuinely random entry/exit methodology it makes no sense whatsoever. Sitting out would be more sensible unless you're in a hurry to bleed capital.

simple and effective. Tell us about your methods and how long youve been trading etc

hi mate. my method is looking for consolidation patterns in trends, waiting for a break out, then getting in on the retrace. i did some spreadbetting a few years ago, only came back recently to try some shorter timeframe trading.

hi mate. my method is looking for consolidation patterns in trends, waiting for a break out, then getting in on the retrace. i did some spreadbetting a few years ago, only came back recently to try some shorter timeframe trading.

cool,my main method is trendline pullbacks, rather than breakouts.

Are you really trading these calls you're making? the eurodollar is a ragged little devil in any of the lower timeframes at the moment and given the average pips profit and stops most on this thread seem to be aiming for, it's going to tears before bedtime for most trades of this nature on this pair at the moment.

Do you do any technical analysis on the pair or even just look at the price action: as if you're using anything other than a genuinely random entry/exit methodology it makes no sense whatsoever. Sitting out would be more sensible unless you're in a hurry to bleed capital.

No I'm not. I'm just pretending - nothing better to do):sleep:

Just joking;)
I use technical and fundamental analysis. I also follow relevant news. I risk from 1 to 3% of the set amount per each trade (depending on set ups, time of trade etc.). My daily cut out amount is 4% (anything more than that would make me feel uncomfortable) - so no need to get too emotional about it:)

Last edited:
cool,my main method is trendline pullbacks, rather than breakouts.
Pretty much the same as you both. Trading the 15 min and take the first pro bar off the retrace to the 49 EMA. For a breakout I'll take the cross of 11 LWMA over the 49 EMA providing it's also crossed the ichimoku span (standard settings). Breakouts from within the span count as same side and not a breakout. Filters out most of the dross. And there's a lot of that at the moment in the currencies.

Hi Thermal and welcome. The calls have been genuine,we all have our methods and are at various stages of our carears.What you are saying could apply to anyone taking a trade at anytime.It would depend on how the individual looks at it and in what timeframe. We would gladly like to hear of your methods and maybe a few calls. Good luck