Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

jees the GBP got outta bed the wrong side today so far !

anyone on it ?

Never mind, price had 2 attempts for the downside, just not ready at that point.

The original cycle is still in play for me, so I have sell limit at 372 looking for 20 with a stop at 82. (spot)

(uk time 4.11pm)

Will leave the order in until 5.15pm.

Was watching that and as it was still making lower highs, just worked on the premise it was consolidating before another leg down.

-1.75pts down on ES today. Long at 62.75 but it seemed it wanted 60.50 which just took me out by tick. Just one of those days.

Right, off to catch a plane - back on Friday. Talk later.

Never mind, price had 2 attempts for the downside, just not ready at that point.

The original cycle is still in play for me, so I have sell limit at 372 looking for 20 with a stop at 82. (spot)

(uk time 4.11pm)

Will leave the order in until 5.15pm.

Filled 5.01pm, price now 357 at 5.40 pm, stop to 70 target still 20.

Will try to let it roll till EOD

Was watching that and as it was still making lower highs, just worked on the premise it was consolidating before another leg down.

-1.75pts down on ES today. Long at 62.75 but it seemed it wanted 60.50 which just took me out by tick. Just one of those days.

Right, off to catch a plane - back on Friday. Talk later.

Have a good one!

Today, i was thinking about something that happened towards the end of last year that still puzzles me so i thought i should post it up here and see if anyone can shed any light on it...

One sunday night before i went to bed, I thought i'd have a quick look at audusd and i noticed a strange pattern. i went down to 1 minute chart and the chart showed several vertical lines side by side of exactly the same length. While i watched, the price then shot from 1.0440 to 1.0462 without stopping in between. (I can't remember the exact prices without checking so i'm using these for an example). It was now at 462 and i was trying to work it out what was happening when it flashed back to 440 as i watched. I was pondering trading it and it went back to 462 so i thought 'i'll have a quid on this for a giggle'. I went short and sure enough a few moments later it dropped again to 440. I cashed in and was pondering taking the reverse trade when it shot up again so i'd missed it. Instead, i went short again with higher stakes and it dropped again. i cashed in and took the reverse trade just in time and it went back to 462. I cashed in again and took the reverse trade with some ludicrous stake that probably would have broken me had it gone the wrong way but it didn't move anymore except what you might expect for 11pm sunday night so i closed the trade for whatever i ended up with. It all happened really quickly, no time to think. I made 66 pips in no time.

When i eventually had time to check the chart properly, it had flashed from one price to the other about a dozen times so anyone who got in early could have made an absolute killing had they been braver than me.

What the hell was it all about? A glitch? Some manipulation maybe? Anybody enlighten me?

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and more importantly - when can we do it again please ?!

Today, i was thinking about something that happened towards the end of last year that still puzzles me so i thought i should post it up here and see if anyone can shed any light on it...

One sunday night before i went to bed, I thought i'd have a quick look at audusd and i noticed a strange pattern. i went down to 1 minute chart and the chart showed several vertical lines side by side of exactly the same length. While i watched, the price then shot from 1.0440 to 1.0462 without stopping in between. (I can't remember the exact prices without checking so i'm using these for an example). It was now at 462 and i was trying to work it out what was happening when it flashed back to 440 as i watched. I was pondering trading it and it went back to 462 so i thought 'i'll have a quid on this for a giggle'. I went short and sure enough a few moments later it dropped again to 440. I cashed in and was pondering taking the reverse trade when it shot up again so i'd missed it. Instead, i went short again with higher stakes and it dropped again. i cashed in and took the reverse trade just in time and it went back to 462. I cashed in again and took the reverse trade with some ludicrous stake that probably would have broken me had it gone the wrong way but it didn't move anymore except what you might expect for 11pm sunday night so i closed the trade for whatever i ended up with. It all happened really quickly, no time to think. I made 66 pips in no time.

When i eventually had time to check the chart properly, it had flashed from one price to the other about a dozen times so anyone who got in early could have made an absolute killing had they been braver than me.

What the hell was it all about? A glitch? Some manipulation maybe? Anybody enlighten me?

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and more importantly - when can we do it again please ?!

Market volume and liquidity are extremely thin at that time of year. Big banks or funds can easily push prices around by putting through large orders. Also a few soundbites or even medium impact economic data released can make markets go very erratic, which is what you were seeing.

Peter