Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Thought I'd join in today as I have a day free to trade short-term. Admittedly I didn't haul out of bed until after 8:00, but I think I should have stayed there.

Trading the m15 looking for entries.

Will be buying EUR/USD @ ~1,2950 if we'll get a pullback. SL @ ~1,2917. Possible Tp @ 1,3005.

gbpjpy long at 126.02 stop 125.75 (27). Just tapping at the base of an upward sloping linear regression channel.

gbpusd hitting up against frankfurt-london boundary at 6066. Be good to see it back above it and attacking the daily R1 at 6072. 6084 next decision point after that if it does.

gbpusd hitting up against frankfurt-london boundary at 6066. Be good to see it back above it and attacking the daily R1 at 6072. 6084 next decision point after that if it does.

where are your pivots taken from.12pm,euro open? thanks for joining in

US PPI 13:30 (LON) estimated to be roughly the same to slightly deflationary. This will surprise nobody, but the algos may well kick in if the actuals are much lower than estimated. On the off chance they are inflationary (Bernanke would welcome this as would most finmarkt players) there is absolutely no chance of the Fed wading in any time soon with an increase to rates.

Personally, I’ll more than likely be out of any currently open position by data release time. If the data come in on or around target, notwithstanding deflationary algos selling USD automatically, I’d fundamentally see no change. So if the algos do kick in you’d do OK buying on loss of downward momentum up to the level they blew down from. If the data comes in a lot lower then it should sell well and I wouldn’t play a regression back up this trading session. If it comes in higher (inflationary) it’ll be an ‘official’ surprise but not a grass roots one so any increase in strength should be muted.

gbpusd out at 6066 for +11/27. Daily R1 at 6072 still in evidence. range of prior bar an issue. life's too short.