Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Morning all :)

Not sure if i`ll be trading today as I may not be around.

AUDUSD is looking very bearish and a potential break of an ascending TL. BUT, I`d expect a move up here as this is just a fake out. Overall i`d look for shorts though.

I`d like to see an entry of 1.04407 and TP of 1.04729

short aud/jpy at 93.44 sl 83.74

1/2 was taken at +22, rest now at b/e going for gold:)

Heres chart,just another pullback top resistance line. Look how many times its bounced off the line,no reason to think this this isnt a major bounce off :)

Attachments

• 2012-08-17_0829.png
    2012-08-17_0829.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 87
From your pc world story I see your in the UK. I am in Ireland, just wonder any recommendations on brokers?
Thanks

I use GFT and intertrader. I have good spreads all round that way. If you do use them,let me know we might as well both have the joining bonus:)

Morning all :)

Not sure if i`ll be trading today as I may not be around.

AUDUSD is looking very bearish and a potential break of an ascending TL. BUT, I`d expect a move up here as this is just a fake out. Overall i`d look for shorts though.

I`d like to see an entry of 1.04407 and TP of 1.04729

I would tend to agree, in principle.
I haven't seen it written anywhere, but in my experience the smooth rounded-top pattern with no spikes out that i have marked on the chart often ends up where it came from although there's the old favourite trendline to make it interesting first. If the price rebounds past 1.05, i'll think again.

Attachments

• audusd 1708.jpg
    audusd 1708.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 117
Im actually going to wait until the next hour for either a better price lower (spike) or allow it to prove to me.

If price leaves without me where I want then seriously not bothered. I record everything I do anyway so its just added confidence if this set up happens again in the near future.

Also AUDCAD looks really interesting for a long too.... But its not quite right so I wont take it; for now :)

These are my thoughts on how I am viewing market confluence on the AUDUSD potential long. (if anyone is interested)

Attachments

• nzdusud.gif
    nzdusud.gif
    69.7 KB · Views: 121
I like NZDUSD long around here (0.80720ish)

Just a little reserved on Fridays for the threat of weekend trades... (prefer to take morning set-ups if they exist)

Probably going to give it a miss trading today... (but like posting either way :) )

Im actually going to wait until the next hour for either a better price lower (spike) or allow it to prove to me.

If price leaves without me where I want then seriously not bothered. I record everything I do anyway so its just added confidence if this set up happens again in the near future.

Just wanted to mention here regarding the "spike" on the AUDUSD... this is what I look for and the reason for waiting on this. I`ll be seeing how it closes and I may actually consider getting long.

No entry no dice. Here` to being patient! :)

"Market says no"

Anyway, enjoyed this week, been good week.

Enjoy your weekend all!

Ok here goes short Gold 1616 sl 1624 tp 1596

Ok closed flat as don't want to hold over weekend.

I also believe next few weekends have a possibility of statements from europe re bailouts etc as they gear up for back to work in September.

Good weekend guys and your calls are good and I like the reasoning too.

Excuse my ignorance, good thread by the way, but what sort of size are you guys punting?
For these small targets, must be quite heavy?
Not asking for exact figures, but i'm thinking it must be £10-30 pp, or it would be pointless?

Not necessarily. Not everyone here is a full time trader. Quite a few people are here to learn This isn't a big-swinging-d1ck thread so size doesn't matter :)

In fact whether or not you are profitable doesn't matter either. We don't judge or criticize over that. Quite a few people here are new to trading and are learning so we don't want to discourage them.

Peter

yes it is as its a lease agreement. Happily the matter was resolved after a big row. I will happily stay there all day in that situation and generally get my way

I'm all for big rows :cheesy:. Nice going.
One of the quirks of capitalism is that people will pay to get rid of the 'nuisance' factor ..long live freedom of speech.:LOL: