Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

On a side note;

Does anyone know where I can get an EA or script which allows me to automatically close out a specific lot value from an open position at a predefined price, whether that be taking profits or cutting losses. (obviously in MT4)

Sorry for going off topic here but i`ve looked pretty hard all over the place and some are ridiculously complicated. Would be very appreciative if anyone knew and inboxed me! :)

im confused as to what you mean.cant you take separate trades for each lot and do it that way

Different charting packages = different prices and covering times

One of them miraculously provides prices even when the real market is closed and on daily charts has 6 candles per week (for the market that is open only 5 days a week)

i could be totally wrong but arent there always prices somewhere if you want them,did you ask them where the prices came from

i could be totally wrong but arent there always prices somewhere if you want them,did you ask them where the prices came from

I was trying a system to trade cash S&P. It is based on observing price behaviour only during market hours and thus has 5 daily candles per week with each daily candle covering only the market hours. Afterwards I realised that SB companies have price feed all the time and even on Sundays. It makes system almost useless, unless I place orders only during market hours and do analysis on normal S&P 500 cash charts (not futures or SB's charts)

PS Like today - price went below the 14/8 low (on SB chart), although in the real market it didn't.

Last edited:
im confused as to what you mean.cant you take separate trades for each lot and do it that way

You know when you place a market order you predefine your TP and SL? Well im wanting precisely this, but instead specify (using a script of some form of a 3rd party made EA) a particular price where the open position will take half profits 50% of my 100% TP target, and leave the rest running at b/e to my final TP (100%)....

Else I may miss it, or because of the spread I TP early.

Entering two trades means I could miss the price I want on the second, either worse or better and overall effects my bottom line.

Its pretty important tbh on how I am trading at the moment.

still holding but not getting the momentum i'd like to see, +7 b/w them as i write, almost back to where i entered

5 perfectly good set-ups this week (according to my rules) just not following through
.........hope to see these 2 head down soon

EURJPY
short 96.99
SL -30
TP +90

EURUSD
short 2289
SL -30
TP +70

Dom

try this, it will do a % when +ve, not sure about -ve, put it in "experts"

Does anyone know where I can get an EA or script which allows........

Attachments

• 2012-08-16_0638.png
    2012-08-16_0638.png
    54 KB · Views: 105
  • J16Manager.ex4
    6.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Dom

try this, it will do a % when +ve, not sure about -ve, put it in "experts"

Nice find, I`ve found something similar to this but your `find` is slightly better tbh.

Only thing is, I am actually looking for something incredibly intuitive, if not a little "much", as I`d really want a line on the graph I can move to TP` at and a percentage I can tweak.

Kind of like "EasyOrder" if you google that (I use this already, its amazing. Move lines on the chart for entry, SL and TP and select the risk profile of your choice and hit enter... it`ll calculate lot size and instantly place order or at the market...)

I`ll see what I can dig up or get used to something like you`ve found there!

i know Easy Order, i used it a while back

no doubt there is something out there to meet your needs, just a matter of sourcing it

ask this guy, he seems to know everything MT4 tech.

Nice find, I`ve found something similar to this but your `find` is slightly better tbh.

Only thing is, I am actually looking for something incredibly intuitive, if not a little "much", as I`d really want a line on the graph I can move to TP` at and a percentage I can tweak.

Kind of like "EasyOrder" if you google that (I use this already, its amazing. Move lines on the chart for entry, SL and TP and select the risk profile of your choice and hit enter... it`ll calculate lot size and instantly place order or at the market...)

I`ll see what I can dig up or get used to something like you`ve found there!

*disappointing, happy with my set-ups this week, just not getting the follow through.......even the best set-ups fail (at least mine do any way!)

but for the mean time i follow my rules

I am waiting to lose 5 or 6 ticks more to be stopped.

Who knows!

Had actually intended to take half profits slightly lower but woke up late from alarm. Going to be demoing this "J16 Manager" and similar to see how effective it is.

Used it once on demo yesterday and worked very well I must admit. It tooks half profits at a specific + value (works in minus) and then moved the rest of the open position to b.e (if I choose)

Quite neat.

Morning

still in 2nd 1/2 of eur/gbp trade

have some resistance on aud/jpy. euro seems to have pulled away from its break line in yesterdays chart but without much conviction,so i will look for a pullback. I have a long opp on EA but am fed up with longs. if I hadnt taken any longs this year id be a rich man. In hindsight its easy to analyse things and find a weakness. Next year it could be shorts