Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

boy, I've been challenged on every profit I've made . . .

The stop, as I wrote in my signal message, was ToBeDecided, and wasn't hit.

Forgive me if I am making you feel like you should be justifying yourself or you`ve felt challenged in the past regarding on the credibility of your trades...

However, irrelevant of this, you must see from other peoples perspective that when you tell us a price of entry and the direction you intend the market to go, we are not only interested in if this is profitable, but how it is you manage your losses...

Not knowing where you place your stops, therefore makes it pointless posting on here but more importantly the room for an unprecedented amount of discrepancy you can apply (not accusing you of anything)

Look at my AUDCAD.... What if I posted on here saying "Taking +33 profits" ... surely you`d be thinking :confused:... Christ, did you hold onto that trade during that big spike up against your short!?

Well, no, I didn't... I factored in my risk and my stop was hit... nothing else matters, other than to learn from it...

Either way, cant be bothered to go on a long one about it. Hopefully you can understand where I am coming from.

(im not being a deliberate knob, but I wonder why it is others have challenged you on every profit you`ve called on here? Considering you`ve called: +56, -53 +69 -50. It is only two calls on here, not hard to tell us stops and where you`d like to TP? Exiting early on profits or losses is fine as long as everyone else is knowing within what playing field.)

Last edited:
Forgive me if I am making you feel like you should be justifying yourself or you`ve felt challenged in the past regarding on the credibility of your trades...

However, irrelevant of this, you must see from other peoples perspective that when you tell us a price of entry and the direction you intend the market to go, we are not only interested in if this is profitable, but how it is you manage your losses...

Not knowing where you place your stops, therefore makes it pointless posting on here but more importantly the room for an unprecedented amount of discrepancy you can apply (not accusing you of anything)

Look at my AUDCAD.... What if I posted on here saying "Taking +33 profits" ... surely you`d be thinking :confused:... Christ, did you hold onto that trade during that big spike up against your short!?

Well, no, I didn't... I factored in my risk and my stop was hit... nothing else matters, other than to learn from it...

Either way, cant be bothered to go on a long one about it. Hopefully you can understand where I am coming from.

I shan't "forgive you" because there's no transgression you have committed for me to forgive. ;)

I completely understand where you are coming from, but, as you will see while we become more acquainted with each other's trading styles, is I have a few different "types" of trades (two different groups.) The trade I was just is of the type which bears a conditional/contingent stop, and isn't yet decided at the entry signal. You might have noticed I've posted a couple trades w/ stops . . . that's the other kind. Rest assured, my trades shall not exceed these descriptions.

I'm grateful for the privilege of joining you all on this thread, and want to thoroughly observe decorum and honesty, and I'm never wary of clearing up any misunderstandings.

Good trading!

whats with all the spikey stuff?
thought I was onto a good one, only to see profit snatched from my paws and into a slippage-laden loss.

been a long time we saw some big spikes. If its news, I deserve it.

EDIT: mind you, my fault for being distracted watching youtube.

Over past month (be it in fact a little longer 25-06 to 02-08) of posts just on here alone, the outstanding points attained:

+3
+90.4
+52
+5.1
+25
+39.5
+40
+80.1
+2.4

= +249.6

All points above are an average point relative to how I entered into the position and the lot value, factoring in stops and targets (give it half position size, full position size, half off here, full exit there etc.)

Obviously annoyed with the AUDCAD (I honestly feel that was a pucker entry but the ECB clearly distorted this - hence big spike and now moved back into fluid technical trading...)

And still long on USDJPY (full position)

Tough day!

(forgive me if I have made any mistakes above ^ As I have traded on top of what i`ve posted here and its hard to track which ones i`ve called on here without spending ages going through all posts. Pretty sure thats accurate though)

(im not being a deliberate knob, but I wonder why it is others have challenged you on every profit you`ve called on here? Considering you`ve called: +56, -53 +69 -50. It is only two calls on here, not hard to tell us stops and where you`d like to TP? Exiting early on profits or losses is fine as long as everyone else is knowing within what playing field.)

well, my first first call was very poorly called - because I had entered the trade in my own account the day before, but posted the trade on here later and was honest about that (but at the same entry price) - and exited for +110 . . . again, poorly called, but the "call" and "exit" are time-stamped here and completely verifiable.

er, the "other" first trade was challenged because flash thought I said I "might not" after stating my deliberations on a trade. (followed of course, by the entry instructions) and was told it didn't count, but again, time-stamped and verifiable.

the second (or, last trade) was your pointing out I didn't set stops.

re: "crack on w/ whatever you please" - i didn't realize further explanation was warranted. Again, I have one type of trade whose stop is not yet determined on entry. I have another whose stop is determined on entry. If there's a deliberate question I have somehow overlooked, don't hesitate to state it directly.

A long way off my short entry on the s and p is but if it can make it back to 1380 I will be short, alot of the times you see these news spikes retrace, time will tell

order pending short @ 1380 stop is 10 s sand p points target is 10 also

How do you manage your position size and the risk on your trade?

Was the question to me?

If so the stop on the s and p is one that usually is never hit and so if the trade goes against me then I will have time to manage my way out of it for either a small loss or small gain

and I never risk more than 0.5% of my account on any trade

How do you manage your position size and the risk on your trade?

I might be a dolt, but I hope I'm able to answer your question correctly. See, I'm a bit of a recluse and I am almost entirely naive to the meanings of certain buzzwords/phrases. In any case, I have found my trading style to be somewhat if not utterly unique to most traders' (then again, don't we all find that to be true?)

Re: Position Size

Typically (and by default) 1 pip = .10% of my account size. Though, in my "spidey sense", less-mechanical, judgement trades, I might, and usually do, up the ante. Mind you, the activity in my account far exceeds my activity on this thread . . . I'm picking and choosing the trades I want to post here.

Um, re: risk management - not sure what you really want to know. And forgive me if I'm being dense, but do you mean, "how do you manage your risk?" In which case, my reply is - having a good method??????

I have seen many-a-post where the trader declares he will risk no more than x% of his account on a given trade, or no more than x-number of points, that is not at all anywhere near akin to how I trade. What I risk is entirely trade-dependent, and depends not on "how much I'm willing to lose" but wholly and completely, and exclusively, depends on price (and where it has been!)

Seriously, sorry for all this thread space I'm wasting here!

So... Im finding it hard to give a response to what you`ve written? Doesnt really explain much to me... (@higherselfishness)

Either way if this works for you then crack on! (over time, it will have an effect on your bottom line, positive or negative.)

Anyway, lets flip back to trades :) (my fault for going off topic slightly)

$JPY is , for now, a little shady for me.

Loving the AUDCAD sell off that i`ve been anticipating since Monday and I got delt an awkward hand, where managing this position would have been impossible anyway.

Glad these only happen rarely... (even though had my entry been higher where I posted second time on preferred entry - my stop might have survived)

Not fussed either way. Cant take unless its given...

i think the thread's participants/ originator should devise a uniform template for posting,
and after agreement, all should be required to follow that template if they wish to participate here

at present each seems to have their own posting style: averaging, dollar value, pips, telling us exits/ SL after the fact............confusing

alternatively, an online account publishing system

what do you say

i think the thread's participants/ originator should devise a uniform template for posting,
and after agreement, all should be required to follow that template if they wish to participate here

at present each seems to have their own posting style: averaging, dollar value, pips, telling us exits/ SL after the fact............confusing

alternatively, an online account publishing system

what do you say

yep, you're right jungles, it is getting confusing.
Flash has posted many times about the criteria for posting on here so no one has an excuse, they just need to read back through the thread a little bit to find what they are.