Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Thanks,

The problem with only talking points is if you have a system that only ever takes 4 pips, but you only risk 2 pips to get them..with the appropriate leverage it is just as effective as hitting 300pip winners! It is therefore irrelevant how many pips you make! Cash is king in the trading world.
I only state my returns because some of the readers here like to know how they would get on by following us but it can be bothersome for them to have to crawl back through the thread calculating our returns for themselves. If it does bother people though, I would be happy to stop. It would be great if others gave their opinion of whether it is annoying when people state their P&L..I do not want to annoy, I just wanted to make it easy to follow.

Cheers for the heads up though.

Hey, sure what ever floats your boat.

Anyone who thinks points is the be all and end all (the more points = the more money) only emphasizes how much they need to learn?

Im not entirely sure what motives you have for participating in this live thread and nor am I fussed for what ever reason that may be, but you`d probably do better keeping an aggregate of points by the end of the week and a break down of the days you obtained it? (just a suggestion)

Either way, im sure you`ll agree I can start flinging ridiculous sums of money in connection to the points I gain in which creates a false pretence on the ease in obtaining it (for anyone new that is)

Hence why I, along with others find it irrelevant unless you`re looking at becoming a vendor and promoting yourself through the money you generate....

(just my opinion)

Thanks,

The problem with only talking points is if you have a system that only ever takes 4 pips, but you only risk 2 pips to get them..with the appropriate leverage it is just as effective as hitting 300pip winners! It is therefore irrelevant how many pips you make! Cash is king in the trading world.
I only state my returns because some of the readers here like to know how they would get on by following us but it can be bothersome for them to have to crawl back through the thread calculating our returns for themselves. If it does bother people though, I would be happy to stop. It would be great if others gave their opinion of whether it is annoying when people state their P&L..I do not want to annoy, I just wanted to make it easy to follow.

Points are the best indicator for the thread. P and L of course would be the only true indicator but could not be judged properly on the thread unless you stated in advance how much Per Pip you were using. Also a running pip count is easier to comprehend over time. Anyone averaging over 50 pips a week intra day trading is doing well. By all means update after everytrade and say 10 trades,5 wins,5 losers for 50 pips. if you average over 5 pips per trade using flat stakes,you are doing extremely well.

Hi D.Gilberto,

Perhaps I haven't properly introduced myself. For transparency I will remind everybody why I am here.
I stated why I am on this thread in my first post. I have started a video blog that offers free technical anlysis and trading plans each day, nothing is for sale on the blog.
Not once have I posted the address of my blog because I understand that it gets on peoples nerves. I welcome people to private message me if they would like a link. I wanted to increase my viewership because it increases the likelihood of viewer participation, which in turn helps me spot trade setups I would otherwise miss. It is a shame but many people equate the ability to earn profits each week with the ability to be able to effectively teach technical analysis. In this respect it helps immensly that I can clearly show on this forum that I do make consistent profits every week.
I cannot start 'flinging ridiculous sums of money in connection to the points I gain' because I clearly state that the P&L figure is based on risking £100 per trade.
To show I mean no disrespect I will stop tallying my P&L. To those of you who have requested I keep a tally; Private message me and I will keep you updated.

Cheers

Points are the best indicator for the thread. P and L of course would be the only true indicator but could not be judged properly on the thread unless you stated in advance how much Per Pip you were using.

If i state that I am risking £100, which i do, it is easy to calculate the amount per pip because i also clearly state where my stoploss is. In other words, I do state how much i risk per pip.

This trade looks like huge potential to me...

Nice entry!

thanks, entry is from pullback to the two lines converging. I nearly didnt take it as there seemed no stopping the assie pairs today. on the subject of point etc,you can see on my chart the entry price,lots, etc.I dont even want people to show these as they can easily be rigged etc,which is why iys just best with pips

Attachments

• 2012-07-30_1720.png
    2012-07-30_1720.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 102
Hi D.Gilberto,

Perhaps I haven't properly introduced myself. For transparency I will remind everybody why I am here.
I stated why I am on this thread in my first post. I have started a video blog that offers free technical anlysis and trading plans each day, nothing is for sale on the blog.
Not once have I posted the address of my blog because I understand that it gets on peoples nerves. I welcome people to private message me if they would like a link. I wanted to increase my viewership because it increases the likelihood of viewer participation, which in turn helps me spot trade setups I would otherwise miss. It is a shame but many people equate the ability to earn profits each week with the ability to be able to effectively teach technical analysis. In this respect it helps immensly that I can clearly show on this forum that I do make consistent profits every week.
I cannot start 'flinging ridiculous sums of money in connection to the points I gain' because I clearly state that the P&L figure is based on risking £100 per trade.
To show I mean no disrespect I will stop tallying my P&L. To those of you who have requested I keep a tally; Private message me and I will keep you updated.

Cheers

Ok, cool I hear you, and I know (I wasn't accusing you of any hidden motives!) your intentions, just basically echoing maybe the more well written way that Lord has explained (no offence intended in my posts!) (y)

(btw I never insinuated you were "flinging ridiculous sums of money in connection to the points you gain" I am talking about some people do lol)

(also; Im not, nor is anyone else requiring you to, but there is nothing stopping you uploading statements from your broker if you`d prefer to illustrate your performance in monetary terms? Again just another idea in connection to what you want? Either way, up to you! Enough clutter (my bad lol)

Points are the best indicator for the thread. P and L of course would be the only true indicator but could not be judged properly on the thread unless you stated in advance how much Per Pip you were using.

If i state that I am risking £100, which i do, it is easy to calculate the amount per pip because i also clearly state where my stoploss is. In other words, I do state how much i risk per pip.

sure,I have no problem with any of it,its just harder to compare to others,which to be honest has no relevance as we will never really know who stakes what. by all means carry on as you are,I ,I like what you do.

I have gotta say that this is what attracted me to your thread in the first place..You guys seem willing to have a good discussion about such topics without the usual slanging match that often ensues elsewhere. Much respect to you.

thanks, entry is from pullback to the two lines converging. I nearly didnt take it as there seemed no stopping the assie pairs today. on the subject of point etc,you can see on my chart the entry price,lots, etc.I dont even want people to show these as they can easily be rigged etc,which is why iys just best with pips

I guess if people really want to reflect performance in different ways, I guess that's cool but probably the best way is within their signature on every post (i.e. broker, account balance, leverage provided, risk profile)

Then when they post entry and stops they also provide the lot value?

(either way, I don't want to go on about it! Its your thread and im cool with the way we`re all doing it atm as I agree with what you`ve said above! Best of luck managing the trade in AUDCAD - I would have taken the short around there too (had I not missed it, as it was a great setup) for slightly different reasons - It certainly looks bearish to me for the rest of the day and continuing tomorrow, unless price closes ABOVE 1.0527 today or tomorrow on the daily CS (just my opinion) )

The way guys are scoring is fine, as I said before you will see some jokers along soon who try all sorts. im sure wacky will be back soon as well:)

Point of interest (along with quite a few set-ups)

Will call of course if I enter! Looking for confluence at time (if it unfolds this way)

Attachments

• eurjpy-point of interest.jpg
    eurjpy-point of interest.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 90
Thanks,

Stick to doing things the way you do I been watching some trades on here today and found it good that you show how much your risking and making, there seems to be good advice on here and I personally don't see the harm of adding some ££ figures to show the success of your trades.
Iv'e got nowhere as much experience as you guys but thanks to everyone who posts their trades along with entry/exit points and sl etc I can follow trades and learn how you guys go about it and hopefully learn how to do it successfully myself.

(y) to everyone.

Last edited: