Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

eurusd gradually moving back up. I'd like to see it retrace back to 1.3100 but US markets are thin today.

Peter

Hi All,

Hope all is well? Just joined so thought I would say hi.

Question,
Im looking for those who may have already "been there and done that"
On starting out, with a pot of around 10,000pounds, and trading FTSE + DJI, and roughly trading between 2/3% each time, how long does it realistically take to pull a so called earnings from the pot (with allowing for deviation etc)???

I know its a question that may seem impossible to answer, but im kinda hoping that someone has already done it????

Thank you for your time, and hopefully your replies
Neil

Hi All,

Hope all is well? Just joined so thought I would say hi.

Question,
Im looking for those who may have already "been there and done that"
On starting out, with a pot of around 10,000pounds, and trading FTSE + DJI, and roughly trading between 2/3% each time, how long does it realistically take to pull a so called earnings from the pot (with allowing for deviation etc)???

I know its a question that may seem impossible to answer, but im kinda hoping that someone has already done it????

Thank you for your time, and hopefully your replies
Neil

Neil it really is a tough one to answer. Id start the same question on a new thread and note there are also threads specifically for the ftse and dow. Be careful to what you listen to and who says what. No one has ever done it, and it can take years to get to a level where you make decent profits etc. Depends on how much screen time you have,do you have capital to see you through etc,etc

taken 1/2 off at +9, rest to -9, free trade

curently up +50,so have moved stop to +20,could yet be a friday rally Glad it gave me another chance to buiy of that fib level again.Why didnt I wait and not take that silly trade in the middle of two good ones. I will be very pissed if this falls away again

curently up +50,so have moved stop to +20,could yet be a friday rally Glad it gave me another chance to buiy of that fib level again.Why didnt I wait and not take that silly trade in the middle of two good ones. I will be very pissed if this falls away again

I was wondering if you were going to take some profits. It's been looking good for you (y)

Peter

Neil it really is a tough one to answer. Id start the same question on a new thread and note there are also threads specifically for the ftse and dow. Be careful to what you listen to and who says what. No one has ever done it, and it can take years to get to a level where you make decent profits etc. Depends on how much screen time you have,do you have capital to see you through etc,etc

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I will roughly be spending around 10hrs per day in front of the screen, researching and trading. So fingers crossed?

volume is pathetic today. I'm developing a strong dislike for the US markets anymore. Maybe I've been in the game for too long :)

Happy Easter everyone!

I may be on tomorrow for NFP day. Depends how I feel!

Peter

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I will roughly be spending around 10hrs per day in front of the screen, researching and trading. So fingers crossed?

how long have you got to learn,have you the capital to survive the learning curve?

volume is pathetic today. I'm developing a strong dislike for the US markets anymore. Maybe I've been in the game for too long :)

Happy Easter everyone!

Peter

Happy Easter, mate. I watch this thread, although I don't post. Same to you, too, LF and all the rest.

Happy Easter everyone!

Peter

Have a great weekend,I wont be about tomorrow so wont need the hard hat and vaseline

Happy Easter everyone!

Peter

I blame HFT, Dodd-Frank, and the Volcker rule. :(