Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Morning guys, nice to see some good pips being made.
Cad/jpy was a lovely short from line in chart ive been showing for the last few days. I should be back to normal this week

I decided to enter the t2win comp last month,but forgot how unrealistic it can be at times. I came 3rd after leading every single day but the last. The wife wanted the first prize.I couldnt trade fully last week,so it gave the others a chance to catch up with some lucky punches that meant I then had to start guessing to hope to catch up on Friday PM.Not really much to do with trading. will have to be something really good to tempt me this month

Still, a very impressive performance.
I struggle to take funny money seriously - i need to know its real money or i start messing around and it shows so I couldn't resist doing this...:p
I hope everyone can see it well enough, you may need to zoom it. Its the 'how-to-trade-vs-how-not-to-trade' chart.
And i fixed my smilies...:clap:

Attachments

• how to trade - how not to trade.jpg
    how to trade - how not to trade.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 174
Hello all, newbie trader here, just dipping my feet in with real money for the first time this week.:eek: Been following this thread for a while

Just closed GBPUSD for 11 pips and AUDUSD earlier on for 9, keeping an eye on both as I think they'll go lower, but it's baby steps for me at the moment.

Last edited:
I struggle to take funny money seriously - i need to know its real money or i start messing around and it shows so I couldn't resist doing this...:p
I hope everyone can see it well enough, you may need to zoom it. Its the 'how-to-trade-vs-how-not-to-trade' chart.

It was a very impressive performance by Lord Flasheart, but your chart did make me laugh a lot. :LOL:

Hello all, newbie trader here, just dipping my feet in with real money for the first time this week. Been following this thread for a while :eek:

Just closed GBPUSD for 11 pips and AUDUSD earlier on for 9, keeping an eye on both as I think they'll go lower, but it's baby steps for me at the moment.

welcome to the thread,and good luck with the trading. If you are going to put up your trades,please post them as you take them with stops in place.Please dont feel you have to,some of us post our trades live as we feel it can help our discipline. Whatever you do dont post them if it affects any of your decisions.

LMAO
Best line was "I don't miss the missus but I miss the cat"

(y)(y)

Peter

Hello all, newbie trader here, just dipping my feet in with real money for the first time this week.:eek: Been following this thread for a while

Welcome :)

Feel free to ask questions abut our trades if you don't understand why we took them.

Peter

Looks like there is a big stewards enquiry going on with the comp,so I might yet get the top prize. I think was had two accounts and one was following my trades. i dont think there will be another Flash entry unless the stakes increase. its hard doing it as even a thing like that can play on your other trading decisions. i wanted the speaker for my wife,but didn't realise it didn't come with the ipod to play. im not really up to date with all this tech stuff,cant beat a good old disc imho

Im really struggling to find anything that meets my criterior at the moment. The retraces from the highs hav been brutal without many pullbacks to the lines. Last Thursday we were all trying to call the high,three days later we are trying to call the low this gbp/aud is about the closest thing i have to a sensible trade.Looks like Ill just have to go and see the wombles in action:)

Attachments

• 2012-03-06_1818.png
    2012-03-06_1818.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 85
LMAO
Best line was "I don't miss the missus but I miss the cat"

(y)(y)

Peter

Well, the missus is a 'profit correction mechanism' - the more you make, the more she spends and the less you have left. The cat on the other hand is happy with a regular supply of tuna and is a great aid to trading cos you can kick it when things are going tits up! (Did i say kick? I meant stroke...).:)

If only the missus was satisfied with a regular supply of tuna, domesticity would run so much smoother...:)

buy eurjpy 105.95 stop 105.80
1/2 position

50ma rising, coming off the lows

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy08.gif
    eurjpy08.gif
    21 KB · Views: 126
Well ... seeing as you offered ....

I'm curious as to what prompted that trade? I've looked at with various timeframes and indicators, but it's got me stumped. There's been a strong downward momentum all day, and it looked to me like it was pausing for breath before resuming the slide. Admittedly it climbed from about 17:00, but it did the same at 10:00 by the same amount and then promptly fell again - why was it different this time? Your entry was about when it re-passed the high of around 106.00, was that the cue for the entry?

The next support/resistance (on the 5min chart anyway) is about 106.2 and then 106.4 - will it go that far?