Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Was it worth the wait? Some traders say no, get out and wait it out on the sidelines because the reason for them opening the trade had gone.

as most of my trades are based on line and resistance ,the reasons were still there and after all of that wait,it lost.:(

as most of my trades are based on line and resistance ,the reasons were still there and after all of that wait,it lost.:(

I am like you, hang on to a trade that does not move but I am trying to teach myself that if doesn't move wthin a certain time it won't be a good trade, anyway.

Was it worth the wait? Some traders say no, get out and wait it out on the sidelines because the reason for them opening the trade had gone.

That's me. I absolutely hate staying in trades that either aren't moving or start creeping away from me. It's less agonizing to stay flat than to sit on pins and needles waiting for a spike to take me out. One of my entry parameters is based on some momentum. Usually when that's lost it's time to get out, the few exceptions would be smaller stakes trades.

Peter

short eur/aud at 1.2498 sl 1.2512 well worth it for 14 pips. See if the pullback to this line works again

Attachments

• 2012-02-23_1844.png
    2012-02-23_1844.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 110
I am like you, hang on to a trade that does not move but I am trying to teach myself that if doesn't move wthin a certain time it won't be a good trade, anyway.

Well more than half of the problem will be opening the wrong trades in the wrong instrument and at the wrong time of day. For some reason....traders seem to have to internally justify their unproductive screen time by "doing something":)

Well more than half of the problem will be opening the wrong trades in the wrong instrument and at the wrong time of day. For some reason....traders seem to have to internally justify their unproductive screen time by "doing something":)

:D That's true.

be nice if I could get a runner for once, would worry about re entry from the round number. I dont think double RN bounces are that common

That's me. I absolutely hate staying in trades that either aren't moving or start creeping away from me. It's less agonizing to stay flat than to sit on pins and needles waiting for a spike to take me out. One of my entry parameters is based on some momentum. Usually when that's lost it's time to get out, the few exceptions would be smaller stakes trades.

Peter

This is an interesting discussion.

I've recently started noticing a relationship of time to my trades. I noticed that trades would not work immediately if I entered too early, and would likely fail if they didn't happen within a certain block of time. I can also roughly see these "time blocks" in the couple empty squares in front of the current price candles. And some move does happen within this portion of time.

It's almost creepy, like I've found the 4th dimension in trading. I have dubbed it... The Price / Time Fabric (continuum) of the Market.

eur homing in on 1.34..look like i will be proven right as always.

if you ignore the fact i walked away from this trade with a loss a while ago:clap::LOL:

short eurjpy 106.86
stop 107.10
target 106.60

1/2 position

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy02.gif
    eurjpy02.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 121