Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

closing eur/gbp short for +26, no point holding onto as sterling now falling back..

I don't know what Knell has done to the market, have closed off my aud/usd to recover earlier losses

moved the stop on gbp/jpy to b/e

can't reply to you NVP as PM blocked, not sure what you mean...

no worries mate ......your T2W name threw me as I thought you were my IT and Business Partner ! ;)

sorry to bother you
N

no worries mate ......your T2W name threw me as I thought you were my IT and Business Partner ! ;)

sorry to bother you
N

ooohhh, you mean your 50% business partner!! where's my share of profits!!:cool:

good move, everything retracing now..

It appears that jpy pairs are not bad pairs to trade, you just have to have wider stops and make sure your entry meets all your criteria, no short cuts!

Its been a long day!
But finally turned out ok.
will go for a swim now I am 2 hrs ahead of you ladies and gents back home.

Good Luck to all still trading

It appears that jpy pairs are not bad pairs to trade, you just have to have wider stops and make sure your entry meets all your criteria, no short cuts!

I would agree partly. Personally, my averages are better on eurjpy than on any of the dollar crosses, i don't know why. I wouldn't say my stops were any wider and the ADR isn't too dissimiliar so i don't really have an explanation for it. Just seems to be a little more reliable for some reason, at least for the strategy i trade it with. :)

I would agree partly. Personally, my averages are better on eurjpy than on any of the dollar crosses, i don't know why. I wouldn't say my stops were any wider and the ADR isn't too dissimiliar so i don't really have an explanation for it. Just seems to be a little more reliable for some reason, at least for the strategy i trade it with. :)

The thing I did notice was that jpy crosses seem to move in unison so if eur/jpy drops so will gb/jpy unlike the other crosses, or maybe it was a one off today , what do u think splashy as you have more experience with the jpy crosses?

I know this thread is only for trades so apologize, maybe Flash can set up a parallel thread for for discussions and explanations so that we don't clutter his thread.

closed 1/2 at 1.6121 +12 stop to 1.6128 and target at 1.6093 (gap)

It's a bit slow today - I was expecting it to close the gap hours ago

stopped by 0.1 pip +5

Anyway, I wouldn't re-enter now - it's too late and pa is rubbish(n)
Still think it should close the gap

The thing I did notice was that jpy crosses seem to move in unison so if eur/jpy drops so will gb/jpy unlike the other crosses, or maybe it was a one off today , what do u think splashy as you have more experience with the jpy crosses?

I know this thread is only for trades so apologize, maybe Flash can set up a parallel thread for for discussions and explanations so that we don't clutter his thread.

I don't think his Lordship would mind a little bit of related chat - it does mention 'general chat' it in the thread title after all and its all good for trading perspective. :)

I don't trade gbyjpy but you're right, they do tend to have a strong degree of correlation on the whole. I tend to find the moves 'truer' for want of a better word and thats a strange thing to say because you'd think that volumes and liquidity would probably be greater on the dollar fx, especially eurusd.

I like the chat if its the regulars,it helps, I always read it and in moderation it never dilutes the thread and with the odd bit of humour,the days goes a little easier