Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

why have you switched to +7,is it a slight change to the method

jules my trgs will always be different -------- in that last example I had 2 contracts on @ 68 ( stop -7 )first trg was @ +7 second of @ +14 so nice 21+ ( thats all I am going to say for 2012 (lol)

I am no longer in the AUDJPY trade short.

The J16 Manager took half profits half way (+10.7) and moved rest to b/e.

Because spread is so wide I was stopped out! (sorry for posting so late but haven't been sitting at computer all day)

Obviously wasn't expecting a big break up like this on Cable so we`ll see what happens....

EURJPY has hit 1.5x daily ATR and upper TL where old support is. Good short possibility.... will call if I enter.

If this GBPUSD trade recovers that was one nasty spike...

(hopefully its just a friendly reminder, that anything can happen and never expect anything.)

I am no longer in the AUDJPY trade short.

The J16 Manager took half profits half way (+10.7) and moved rest to b/e.

Because spread is so wide I was stopped out! (sorry for posting so late but haven't been sitting at computer all day)

Obviously wasn't expecting a big break up like this on Cable so we`ll see what happens....

what was the spread,it still looks a good trade to me

what was the spread,it still looks a good trade to me

I no? but it must have been around 4.0 points at the time.

Either way, Im not telling porkies, its genuinely what happened.

My rules are to take profits 50% of the TP target and rest run for B/E to stop or 100% TP (which was 83.256 first conservative place.)....

Works both ways. Guess this time I got unlucky. (trade still profited 0.50% gain just wasn't the outcome I was expecting)

I no? but it must have been around 4.0 points at the time.

Either way, Im not telling porkies, its genuinely what happened.

My rules are to take profits 50% of the TP target and rest run for B/E to stop or 100% TP (which was 83.256 first conservative place.)....

Works both ways. Guess this time I got unlucky. (trade still profited 0.50% gain just wasn't the outcome I was expecting)

Must be crossed wiresI wasnt questioning at all,it still looks like it could fall further and i was thinking you may have missed out on a good call. We have to remember that things go both ways.We tend to remember when we get shafted by a pip and and forget the time our stop is nearly taken only for the trade to go our way.Lets hope cable is a good example of this. it annoys me when people complain about that the brokers deliberately took their £1 a point stop,but then weve all been there.I used to spend hours on the phone moaning at brokers and claiming wrong doing. I once had a miss settlement for over £1000 go my way,i kept quiet about that:)

I'll try to see if this is a genuine break out for GU

Long order @ 15807
Stop @ 15763

I'll cancel it if it hits 15763 before 15807

PS If it's a genuine break out, target should cover much more than the risk (a nice triangle there)

Attachments

• gu.png
    gu.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Madness this game. zens analysis looks to have found a lovely triangle that has broken and I see it as top of a trend channel. The same market,two traders pick the same level for entry and take opposing trades.We also have DG short for different reasons
no wonder being a brokers a good game

when you look at the three forms of analysis,its clear all three are thought out well and are valid reasons for entering either way. On another day I would have taken that triangle long,wedges and triangles can be very reliable and profitable. One point of true value is that the R/R and money management are so important.If we both have stops of say 30 pips,1 will lose and the other may get at least 30 pips,proving that its not just the brokers who can make money

Attachments

• 2012-08-21_1846.png
    2012-08-21_1846.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 100
We`ll be alright on the cable trade ;)

(or at least making money on it says so, and losing tells me otherwise :) )

"you" generally speaking, cant worry because a trade instantly went against you... We all know that placing a stop means we`re wrong if and only when that's hit... . But until then, I know my risk because I put that stop in, in the first place, and I know what I want but that's out of my control....

Nothing to worry about :)

(thought i`d post something wooly, seeing as I have nothing else to do! lol)

Madness this game. zens analysis looks to have found a lovely triangle that has broken and I see it as top of a trend channel. The same market,two traders pick the same level for entry and take opposing trades.We also have DG short for different reasons
no wonder being a brokers a good game

I like triangles, but it lacks momentum - that's why I chose order to buy above that spike. Also it's difficult to know what will happen during Asian session. ATM it's stuck in a range and may continue for hours with sudden intermittent moves in whichever direction IMO (typical August price action).

Anyway if the triangle signal works there are few nice targets - if it hits the standard triangle target we are talking about some serious profit.

PS If I was to trade the triangle properly, I would have waited on daily for a close above the upper line and then for it to come back to retest it etc. etc. That way it may be safer but the risk (distance to the stop) would be much bigger. It's a compromise.

BTW It's been in 14 pips range for 3 hours - ridiculous

Last edited:
Really good posts to mark the 1000th page, Flash.
Congrats on a thread with quality and longevity. (y)(y)

thanks Splashy,I never noticed it. It seems to be going through a quiet period at moment,hopefully pick up soon as I think the stuff in the last month has been some of the best. I wish newbies would stick around and not think they can get the holy grail by reading a few pages and then disappear when losing trades are called. They only want winners and seem to only remember the last trade.

Anyway a toast to the next 1000 pages:cheers:

Just thought id mention that its kind of important the way the daily CS closes on cable. If it closes beneath 1.57765 AND 1.57670 then good news...