Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Speaking of sleep, I need mine too. Been sick all weekend and trading while nauseous is doubly draining.

Also, Flash, your trendline works like a charm. I checked the long-term line on the daily, and it fits right with the current top of 105.7 on the E/J. Too bad I saw that after it moved 40 pips lower!

Peace out.

Speaking of sleep, I need mine too. Been sick all weekend and trading while nauseous is doubly draining.

Also, Flash, your trendline works like a charm. I checked the long-term line on the daily, and it fits right with the current top of 105.7 on the E/J. Too bad I saw that after it moved 40 pips lower!

Peace out.

wish the one i traded would,ej and eu falling gbp rising

Please explain your thoughts

Ok well, firstly I probably should'nt have butted in on this thread seeing how its a live calls thread.

Ok here goes, if we assume that there are Two main market conditions, "risk on" and "risk off".

What we have since christmas, and it's speeding up, is a "risk on" type market condition. So this is to say, a flight to risk.

So in forex the Jpy has been weakening with no signs of a slowdown. Even the Usd has pummeled the Jpy.

Supporting evidence for this condition can also be seen in the stock index's, Dow S+P etc.

Also Europe is on the cusp of a decision concerning the Greek situation. To me the markets have already started pricing in a successful outcome ie, no default.
If a favorable decision is announced today or tomorrow...then the likes of Aud, Gbp, Eur, Chf and possibly even the Usd could fly North...big breakout style and the loser will continue to be the Jpy.

Ok well, firstly I probably should'nt have butted in on this thread seeing how its a live calls thread.

Ok here goes, if we assume that there are Two main market conditions, "risk on" and "risk off".

What we have since christmas, and it's speeding up, is a "risk on" type market condition. So this is to say, a flight to risk.

So in forex the Jpy has been weakening with no signs of a slowdown. Even the Usd has pummeled the Jpy.

Supporting evidence for this condition can also be seen in the stock index's, Dow S+P etc.

Also Europe is on the cusp of a decision concerning the Greek situation. To me the markets have already started pricing in a successful outcome ie, no default.
If a favorable decision is announced today or tomorrow...then the likes of Aud, Gbp, Eur, Chf and possibly even the Usd could fly North...big breakout style and the loser will continue to be the Jpy.

That may all be true,but thats all longer term stuff,theres no reason why the trade cant pay off first

That may all be true,but thats all longer term stuff,theres no reason why the trade cant pay off first

Thats true enough in terms of trends and pullbacks in trends, but if we are dealing in a probability game, then I feel that Gbp Jpy would hit the stop level a lot easier than the target level.

OK, I understand your thoughts on your position.

Mine are Elliott Wave based, and it is time for a correction of a current wave 3. Ofcourse, I also expect JPY to continue to weaken, jand expect g/j to ultimately go to around 161.50ish. But we all know that markets do not move up in a straight line, and this is one of the pull back times. In my humble opinion, this will be a good trade. If not, well, I have already gone to b/e and am in a free trade from here on out. I will take what I get.
Thanks for your thoughts on this matter. I have only been trading for about 3.5 years, and in my opinion, I still have a lot to learn. I have also come to realize that elliott wave analysis is more accurate than fundamental analysis, so forgive me if I don't agree. In no way am I trying to be an a$$, I just have a different opinion. Of course, the pa won't lie. We will just have to see what it shows us.
Regards,
Kent

P.S. Of course, we do have to look at the fact that the EU has been announcing resoultions for almost 2 years now every few weeks only to turn around and renig. I do believe that a default is inevitable. A write down of 70% on bonds, really is a default, only not in so many words, and they actually screwed the people that took out insurance on a default, by not really calling it one. But in any situation, not paying back what you owe(70%) is a default.

Last edited:

It appears there will be a favorable decision...but we've heard that before too so no major surprise if it doesn't happen. I agree with your assessment of aud, gbp, eur, and chf, but I believe the usd will take a major hit. IMO being long usd for a swing trade is a very low probability trade this week.

Peter

It appears there will be a favorable decision...but we've heard that before too so no major surprise if it doesn't happen. I agree with your assessment of aud, gbp, eur, and chf, but I believe the usd will take a major hit. IMO being long usd for a swing trade is a very low probability trade this week.

Peter

Hi Pete, yes I agree fully with this. The only possible Usd long cross would be against Jpy. Thanks for clarifying that.

I have all the others as outperforming Usd.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Euro zone finance ministers are expected to approve a second bailout for Greece on Monday, a move they hope will draw a line under months of turmoil that has shaken the currency bloc, although there is work to be done to make the figures add up.

Diplomats and economists do not expect the package to resolve Greece's economic problems: that could take up to a decade or more - a bleak picture increasingly apparent to several thousand Greeks who demonstrated on Sunday against seemingly endless austerity measures.

Hmmmm...... Sounds like creative accounting to me!!!!! How is that going to calm the markets?

Thats true enough in terms of trends and pullbacks in trends, but if we are dealing in a probability game, then I feel that Gbp Jpy would hit the stop level a lot easier than the target level.

With respect, that possibility is far from 'guaranteed'! :confused:

been so busy watching my cable trade I missed this

Attachments

• 2012-02-20_0841.png
    2012-02-20_0841.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 123