Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

so,so spot on. Im fuming. We are now at a perfect entry price for my trade,i wouldnt mind losing 15 or 20 from here ,but now it could be nearly 35 x2, and to make matters worse it could take my stop and reverse. I dont normally trade this time of night,only wife and mum watching diy sos

Don't fume, flashy :) Just red ink highlight it in your log however it goes. The object of the exercise is to turn over the pages of your log and see diminishing red highlights until that happy day when there's no red highlight screaming out for days on end :D

...an if you don't keep a log then a post-it note with DISCIPLINE on it perched on the top of your monitor :LOL:

Don't fume, flashy :) Just red ink highlight it in your log however it goes. The object of the exercise is to turn over the pages of your log and see diminishing red highlights until that happy day when there's no red highlight screaming out day after day :D

...an if you don't keep a log then a post-it note with DISCIPLINE on it perched on the top of your monitor :LOL:

thats not a bad idea, your on form tonight. I mostly log trades but dont do stuff like that

Overnight breakout trade plan. eurusd 1h chart shown.
Placing 2 orders since I don't have conviction either way at this point although the flagpole formation favors the upside. A look at the daily chart shows eurusd has been up on 7 of the last 8 days so there could be some correction.

Sell Stop @ 1.3090, stoploss 1.3112, target 1.3055
Buy Stop @ 1.3118, stoploss 1.3095, target 1.3150

1/2 position on both sides since this is an overnight trade.

Both orders will remain open until either target is hit, or I get stopped out on both, or I wake up in the AM and say @$#%@$ and exit/cancel everything.

Any comment or criticism is welcome. I'll respond in the morning!

Catch everyone tomorrow!

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd20.gif
    eurusd20.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 111
i would never try that trade on a flag, your almost certainly gona be triggered low stopped high

That is the risk on these types of trades and so far this year I'm a shade under the break even point with these. That's why I have used only 1/2 positions so the risk is less. The overnight forex trades have been an experiment for me this year.

I appreciate the comment.

Peter

I wouldn't be taking a trade here but if I was:

I'd only look for a resumption of the bull spike personally, but I wouldn't leave orders on both sides. I'd look to see how the action develops and see if there was a decent entry signal.

I agree except the one thing I don't like about these overnight trades is I'm not here to watch the action. I'll either have to get used to it or just stop trying to trade this way. Honestly, I don't know how position traders do it!

Thanks for the comment.

Peter

here is a timeless piece of advice. the high is never the high, the low is never the low. its not a low or a high untill it has been tested, taken out then failed. markets dont just go up stop and turn round. i would bet my left testicle 1.3120 is not the high of this move. maybe 1.3121 will be, but 1.3120.

obviously this isnt always true, but in most cases it is.

Well, if I get double stopped out you guys can have a few laughs at my expense (y)
I'm not immune to looking stupid once in a while :LOL:

OK, I can't keep my eyes open. I'm definitely out...

Peter

My personal take is that I would consider this new level independently of the massive post-FOMC upswing. So there is no "high" to be found here, it's just a new battlefield.

What about the ripple effect, too? New highs make more highs. I don't see any trade here, I'd rather wait for price to move around a bit before deciding how it's going to react.