Live spreads

tradethepip

Hello,

I was searching through the internet and found the website myfxbook that shows the current spread for most of the Forex brokers. Honestly, I was surprised by their system as it calculates the commission charged by each broker. So you can easily spot brokers that offer low spreads in real time.
However I don't know if the spreads they show come from a live account or from a demo account?
If it comes from a live account, then I believe that the website offers a very good idea on the spreads the brokers offer.
We all know that most brokers advertise low spreads but when it comes to open a real account you never trade with the spreads they claim they have. The excuse is always the same. They claim that that the issue is the market conditions and the high volatility.

Hello,

I was searching through the internet and found the website myfxbook that shows the current spread for most of the Forex brokers. Honestly, I was surprised by their system as it calculates the commission charged by each broker. So you can easily spot brokers that offer low spreads in real time.
However I don't know if the spreads they show come from a live account or from a demo account?
If it comes from a live account, then I believe that the website offers a very good idea on the spreads the brokers offer.
We all know that most brokers advertise low spreads but when it comes to open a real account you never trade with the spreads they claim they have. The excuse is always the same. They claim that that the issue is the market conditions and the high volatility.

I have seen some independant forex spreads comparisions, like myfxb, investing or brokinator. You can check the real spreads there, I have heard that websites like brokinator monitorizes accounts to know the real spread and then they do an average.

Hello,

Hi,

I think that is an issue you will always have unfortunately. Trial and error will probably be your best bet to get the most accurate info – if you have the time that is!

From what i have seen between live and demo accounts, the spreads are pretty much identical (in my experience anyway).

Another good site to compare live spreads (and live volumes and swaps) is http://www.forexchurch.com/forex-spreads.cfm .

They also have over 100 brokers and detailed info on each one....quite handy.