LIVE real money S&P500 daily mechanical trading

SL hit. I hope S&P will finish below 1372.1.

Totals for the day:

buy £2.3 S&P500 continued @ 1362.1, closed @ 1372.1 Profit: +£23.00. (+100 pips).

22 winners, 19 losers to date.

Account balance showing: £708.94

New trade (down) at 9 pm.

Ok, I missed 18 pips by moving SL.

New trade:

sell £2.4 S&P500 @ 1373.9, SL 1388.9

Open P/L: -£2.16

Trade update:

P/L realised overnight: -£6.72. Opening price adjusted to 1376.7.
Unrealised P/L: +£2.64.
Account balance: £702.06 (financing -£0.16).

I certainly hope for a sleepy Friday with markets going down !

This is the plan: if I finish this week above £700, I will request a withdrawal of £500 (my original deposit) and turn this into a risk-free venture.

You have spent 2 months on this and you balance is £200 in positive?

That works out to £100 a month or £25 a week, you could make more in mcdonalds

You have spent 2 months on this and you balance is £200 in positive?

That works out to £100 a month or £25 a week, you could make more in mcdonalds

IIRC he only started out with 1K, so in percentage terms he's doing exceptionally well.

No doubt he could earn more in McDonalds, but working for an enployer really isnt a very smart use of anyone's time. Conversely, learning to make 10% a month from a mechanical system is a very smart use of time. If he cracks it (and I think he will), then if he really does want to spend some time at maccyD's, he can buy a brunch of em

Thanks the hare. I'm trying to be positive, although the return is not astronomical. I've never claimed to have crystal ball, though.

Hello EricReed, not sure whether you read opening posts.
I set out to "discover" a method where you can spend around 0.5 h every day trading (outside of regular working hours) and achieve consistent profits. I work full time and look after my family, so time is precious.

It's not about £100 or £200 (I made only £100 in 2 months, the other £100 is bonus from finspreads. I also traded one month on a demo account and ended on the upside as well). If you have a profitable method, your profit is only limited by your risk appetite and initial bankroll. What stops you from risking 20% of your bankroll on one trade if you know that, in the end, you will be in profit ? I am naturally quite risk averse and I only set aside £1000, which is a tiny amount. Unfortunately, I don't have proper capital to play for big money. Actually, I'm planning to withdraw original £500 to buy another sofa :)

If you are not convinced, have a look at account balance screenshots. The drawdown on my own funds was minimal.

The nice thing about this method is the simplicity. Most decisions are taken upfront:
- market selection
- time of entry / exit
- price of entry / exit
- stop loss
- target profit (none)

The only element left is decision whether to go up or down. In theory, it should not matter which way you trade, you should be right around 50% of the time. The important thing is to get the "better" 50%, i.e. bigger moves. Hence stop loss to cut your losses if you are on the wrong side and no target profit to maximise profit if you are correct. Additionally, I'm looking at historical patterns. For example, if you had 5 up days, there is high probability of having a down day, isn't it ? If day 6 is still up, then surely day 7 will be down etc.

Totals for the day:

sell £2.4 S&P500 @ 1373.9, not closed @ 1370.6 Profit: +£7.92. (+33 pips).

23 winners, 19 losers to date.

Account balance showing: £202.06 (I withdrew initial £500).

Current trade:

sell £2.4 S&P500 continued @ 1370.6, SL 1385.6

Open P/L: +£12.96

Account movements for this week and account balance are below. I have excluded £500 from account balance, now refunded to card. Balance consists of £100 bonus (non-withdrawable, I believe) and £116.70 profit.

Weekly totals: +173 pips (+£40.52)
Financing: -£1.16 (2 charges are not visible on the screenshot)

Today's profit is still unrealised (trade not closed), but included in balance graph.

Attachments

• finspread9.jpg
    finspread9.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 140
  • balance5.jpg
    balance5.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 128
i agree with the hare....

i think OG76 is doing pretty well, as im not following the amount he is making in currency, but the actual pips, as the profit or loss you make is all down to the trader, whereas the pip count can always be a similar number, i e if i was to follow his trades, and trade £2 a point rather then 24p a point, as he is, i would be up £340 odd this week, so keep up the good work, and hopefully you will be able to tweek the system further...

Trade update:

P/L realised over weekend: +£15.36. Opening price adjusted to 1370.3.
Unrealised P/L: -£0.96.
Account balance: £217.10 (financing 2 x -£0.16).

Markets still closed.
Most probably, finspreads will realise some more P/L tomorrow 1-3 am.
There was some bad news re Greece over weekend, my hope is that the markets will reflect that.

Trade update:

P/L realised overnight: +£0.96. Opening price adjusted to 1369.9.
Unrealised P/L: +£8.64.
Account balance: £217.90 (financing -£0.16).

S&P very close to my SL. Will it hold till 9 ?

I should increase stake to £2.50 tonight, but I'm thinking I might get a loser tomorrow after 4 winning trades in a row.

SL hit now.

Totals for the day:

sell £2.4 S&P500 @ 1370.6, closed @ 1365.6 Profit: +£12.00. (+50 pips).

24 winners, 19 losers to date.

Account balance showing: £228.22.

New trade @ 9 pm.

missed 14 pips due to moving SL.

New trade entered:

Buy £2.5 S&P500 @ 1364.2, SL 1349.2

Open P/L: +£0.50