Live & Die by the sword....

ah ********... stopped out for -26 for a total of -13 for the day..

overall score:

Trades:13
Wins:6
Cum Profit: (16)

would be in profit were it not for transaction costs...

Since when was "gnadgers" in the swear filter? I must look into it. :) Transaction costs are a killer - thought I'd had a great day yesterday until I subtracted the cost of 37 round trips. :eek:

Re partialling out of 123s. Yes I always do, though I don't particularly advocate it as the best method by any means. I find that when entering with the TTE variant there is enough noise - momentum? - to grab a few points fairly safely and consistently, but I'm still trying to work out the best way of dividing the position. As usual it works better with discretion rather than fixed point limits. I generally get rid of most, e.g. 3/4 or 3/5 for a small high probability scalp (at least on quick timeframes) and keep a little in for those times when the bars just keep moving in the right direction, trailing as we go.

Thanks for the Dow.doc by the way, Jilly.

FetteredChinos said:
lucky coin has us short from 1.7525 this morning..

Hope you've still got that short going - Excellent trade! :cheesy:

I was just thinking the same thing. I've just added cillit bang to my shopping list for tonight.

yup, stop moved to 1.7470.

its a bit of a panic here in london at the moment though.. everyone is ringing around checking people are ok..

i had a feeling this would happen, but not so soon after the announcement..

whoever has organised this must have setup a similar thing in Paris.. so watch out for those going off sometime soon...

stopped out at 1.7470 for + 55.

short again from 1.7473...

hmm, another explosion at tavistock square??

Sounds like several bombs.A little worrying that a plot of this size could evade the security services.Blair isn't leaving G8.(Not the sort of thing he wants the public to associate him with).It'll give great ammo for the pro-identity carders.

right been stopped out a couple of times, and with the site down i havent been able to post on here.

currently short for the 4th time today (that damn coin!) from, 1.7466 stop is currently 1.7471.

todays results thus far have been +55, +26 , -16

current trade +24 and counting...

are you still usign 50 pts for stop-loss/trail ?
in regards to increased volatility

yup, still the 50.. ATR now is back where it was before the blasts...

interestingly, ive been looking at using ATR divergance with price..

i dont know if it is coincidence, but it seems pretty reliable on all the timeframes i have looked at.

i'll put up some charts in a bit..

fc

right.. on the 1 min chart.. of course everything is a bit skewed because of the 10am festivities, but i'll show you the daily chart in a bit..

FC

Attachments

• ATR divergance.gif
    ATR divergance.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 146
no idea, actually.. havent seen her browsing either..

hmm, buses arent running either.. it might be time to start the 3 hour walk home....

right, logging off now...

closed last trade for +17

thats +82 for the day

overall score:

Trades:17
Wins:9
Cum Profit: 66

back into profit... :)

toodle ooo

trendie said:
is Jilly about today ?

did she make any more trades y'day ?

Hi Trendie

Yes I'm around. No, I didn't make anymore trades yesterday as I was backtesting the theory as Chump recommended. I will let you know the outcome when we get there. Chump has offered to look through the data and check it with an unbiased eye to ensure I'm not using an emotional view or anything.

Initially I believe it's looking quite good on the Dow end of day, I will post more here when I have Chumps thoughts on it. May then try and backtest it on the Cable.